Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to School FAQ & additional information

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I'm an existing Saver with the browser extension but I don’t see the back to school offers, why is this?

A: Be sure to log in to ibotta.com/home and the offers will be available within an hour.

Q: I saw on Krazy Coupon Lady that I should get a $20.00 Welcome Bonus but I don't see it in my account. Where is it?

A: The Back to School offers and bonuses will take the place of the regular $20 Welcome Bonus for the period of the campaign. We hope you enjoy it!

Q: Where can I get cash back for the offers?

A: Walmart In-Store, Walmart Pickup & Delivery (not walmart.com), Target Online, HEB Online, and Shipt.

Q: When are the offers available?

A: The offers will be available beginning 7/14/21. You can unlock them by downloading the Ibotta browser extension or by signing in. Supplies are limited, so redeem the offers before it’s too late!

Q: When will I get cash back with a grocery pickup & delivery retailer?

A: It can take up to 72 hours after you receive or pick up your online grocery retailer purchase before you receive cash back. We will let you know once cash has been added to your account. Additionally, if your order is split between multiple deliveries, or pick up and delivery, your offer earnings will be added to your account once all items have been received.

Q: I thought the items were free but I have to pay for them?

A: Ibotta gives you cash back on your everyday purchases. For the 8 offers in the free back to school campaign, you can get cash back equivalent to the average MSRP - making the cost free to you after purchase. Add the items to your list in the app or browser extension then shop through the Ibotta Browser Extension to get the cash back. 

Q: Your terms and conditions state ‘Requires purchase of eight participating products and Ibotta redemption to get cash back.’ Do I have to buy all the items to qualify?

No. Redeeming all of the Back to School offers will help you reach over $20 to withdraw your earnings, but if you only want a few of the items, that’s fine too. Feel free to redeem one, many, or all of them! There are limited quantities and they will only be available while stocks last.

Q: Can I get more than 1 of each offer?

A: No - each item is limited to 1 redemption per Saver.

Q: How do I check if items are eligible?

A: If you’re shopping in-store you can scan the barcode of the item in the offer details to check that it matches.

Q: My local store does not stock one of the offers, what should I do?

A: All Ibotta offers are subject to availability. Please check for other offers in the free Back to School event that might be in stock at your local retailer.

Q: My grocery pickup & delivery retailer substituted 1 or more of my eligible items, can I still receive cash back?

A: You must receive the qualifying product in order to get the cash back reward. We recommend unchecking “allow substitutions” when you order your groceries for pickup or delivery to ensure you get cash back on the right items.

Q: Why does my friend have offers that I don’t?

A: Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that specific offers will be available to every Saver. We try to mix up our offers and bonuses so we have some that are achievable for everyone, so stay tuned!

Q: I live in Hawaii / Alaska / Puerto Rico - can I still get this offer?

A: Yes. However, MSRPs tend to be a little higher in these states so items might not work out as a fully free - check before you buy.

Q: I added an offer, but now it says it is no longer available. Can I still submit a receipt for it?

A: No, unfortunately. Due to high demand, that specific offer is no longer available. 

Q: I returned offer items and my cash back has been reversed, can you help?

A: If you return an item, your cash back will be reversed. If there is something wrong with the item you buy, request a substitution rather than a refund to prevent your earnings from being reversed.

Q: How much is Ibotta donating to AdoptAClassroom.org?

A: We are donating $105,000 to AdoptAClassroom.org. We will be able to provide 400 teachers and 10,000 students with school supplies for one semester. 

Q: I downloaded the browser extension, now how do I get the offers?

A: Make sure you’ve logged into the browser extension with your Ibotta email address. The offers will be available within an hour after you log in on the browser extension - pick which retailer you’d like to shop at and then follow the prompts in the browser extension to link an account. Then, add the offers to the list. You can shop for the offers directly from your browser. Alternatively, the offers will be available within the app within 1 hour of downloading the browser extension for you to add to your list. 

Q: I waited 1 hour but I still can’t see the offers, what should I do?

A: Try completely closing out of the desktop, wait a few minutes, and re-open it. If you are still having trouble, please reach out to the Care team.

Q: I can’t download the browser extension / I don’t have access to a computer / I don’t have a compatible internet browser, how can I get the offers?

A: The browser extension makes it easy to save on online purchases from your computer and we want as many Savers to try it as possible! If you don’t have access to a computer, you can submit a ticket to our Care team for assistance.

Q: I registered on 7/14 (or after) and didn’t get a $20 Welcome Bonus, help?

A: The Back to School offers and associated $5 Back to School bonus replaces our usual $20 Welcome Bonus for the period of the campaign. We hope you enjoy it!

Q: Will there be additional freebies?

A: Yes! We are offering some Savers extra freebies each week that will have a limited quantity available. Make sure to check back often and redeem the offer before it’s gone!

Q: Will there be any Referral Bonus during Back to School?

A: For the duration of our Back to School campaign, the standard referral bonus will be $10 per referral. Look out for additional, surprise referral bonuses!

Need more help? Sign in and submit a request here.

Offers available while supplies last at select retailers. Must be 18 years of age, and a US resident. Requires purchase of 8 participating products and Ibotta redemption to get full cash back amount of $20.17. Check Ibotta to see if the offers are still available. Redemption must be made within 7 days of purchase. Subject to full terms. See the full Back to School legal copy here.

LiamLlamaMama
Rewards Hunter

I'm confused...

"Offer details

May be redeemed up to 1 times per receipt

Expires on Wed Sep 01 2021 02:59:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Offer valid for 100% cash back on Ticonderoga #2 Pencils, any color variety, 12 pk.

Offer valid on sizes greater than 12 pk, but cash back is in the amount of the average MSRP of 12 pk size."

It says it's good on a 12 pk but then says it's valid on sizes greater than 12 pk?!?! Just wondering which it actually is. It also says this on other items.

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe it's saying you can get a greater size one but you'll only get credit for the MSRP of the smaller 12 pk one.