cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQ

JuliannaV
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have questions about the basic functionality of the Ibotta Community, check out the FAQ section! If you can't find what you're looking for? Leave us a comment! 

acebilinga
Shopper

I can't seem to find FAQ. Are you able share a link to take us directly there?

JuliannaV
Community Manager
tastega
Rewards Hunter

How to delete retailers on my home page.   I dont shop at these stores since they are not close to me.   

MissMellie
Rewards Hunter

I still can't figure out how to get my Facebook friends who use Ibotta to show up on my team. It used to do that. I've tried unlinking and relinking my Facebook account to Ibotta but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

quickfamily
Rewards Hunter

Note the link to the Ibotta blog on the How to Earn More post is broken.

TracyW
Rewards Hunter

I was using  the instore cashback.  It wouldn't take my linked credit card anymore and said it needed to be a debit card.  Is this a permanent change?  For all stores?

sharonpa
Shopper

For the last 3-4 days, in the browser extension, when I go to Shipt, the little ibotta box says "Whoops! Something went wrong."  How does this get fixed?

Brandy039
Deal Sharer

Doea every member of my team earn the Level bonus when achieved or just me? I can’t figure out if once I accomplish the personal goal the the team hits the team goal if everyone gets the bonus. 

some of my team members were asking and since I just started building my team I Wasn’t sure. 

Thank you!

JuliannaV
Community Manager
JuliannaV
Community Manager

@TracyW As of June 10th, Pay with Ibotta no longer supports credit cards nor American Express and Discover debit cards. This also applies to Google Pay and Apply Pay accounts. You can learn more about that here: https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025373453-What-kind-of-payment-methods-can-I-use-

JuliannaV
Community Manager

@MissMellie here is an article that might help: https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000159447-Help-I-am-having-trouble-linking-my-Facebook-...  If that doesn't work, you can always contact our Care team for additional support!

R-JO
Shopper

THanks for the guidance!

R-JO
Shopper

That’s very helpful!

akingsley
Rewards Hunter

New to ibotta. How do I upload my Amazon history to make it count?  

BBFaye85
Shopper

Hi how was just wondering how long it takes to get my cashback from when I get my food delivered from Walmart? I thought it was supposed to be instant after your accounts are linked it's been over an hour and still haven't gotten anything and I've done this multiple times so I know everything is correct and legit I'm really kind of waiting for this money and it hasn't ever taken this long.

Mfrybarger960
Shopper

I don’t have Facebook, so how do I add people for a team?

Ruth30
Rewards Hunter

Olvide el correo electrónico y contraseña y no puedo comprar targeta de regalo ¿que puedo hacer para restablecer mi información sin perder mi dinero en la cuenta?

Ruth30
Rewards Hunter

Es mi primera ves comprando tarjetas de regalo y estoy teniendo problemas con la confirmación de correo electrónico ¿qué puedo hacer?

Rewards Hunter

Hola como puedo cambiar mi correo electrónico de la aplicación de ibotta ya que no puedo transferir mi dinero p que puse un correo que no es el mío me equivoque ya mande mensaje a ibotta y no tengo respuesta y mi dinero ahí está y no puedo actualizar mi correo no me permite mi aplicación p que los números de confirmación yegan no se a donde ayuda por favor gracias

NiaBurch
Shopper

Hi ! I can't redeem my ibotta rewards and I just hit $50. It won't let me link my bank account or PayPal. Do you know how to fix it ? 🥺 Help please - from a #SmallNewCouponer😔 also, thank you for any tips and tricks, quick fixes, and/or ways to get in touch with the ibotta team  💛💛💛

JuliannaV
Community Manager

@NiaBurch It looks like we have been experiencing some recent issues with PayPal. You can check out this Help Center article that has some step by step instructions: https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010242513-Help-I-can-t-transfer-my-earnings-to-PayPal-

If you have further issues, you'll need to submit a ticket to our Care team. They are currently experiencing high volume, so it may take a few days to get back to you, but they will get you squared away! 

LanderJ
Rewards Hunter

I think this app is pretty cool, however to redeem some of your money back some of the ways to get it to work is a little difficult it should be a little more user-friendly they have some work that still needs to be done on this app. 

You shouldn't have to link and unlink to scan your receipt. Also stores should honor the substantial items. Otherwise, I like it pretty good. Hopefully I'll earn some cash back. 

Prariedawn31
Rewards Hunter

Is any one else having trouble getting verification code through text? 

mittens
Saver

Important. I need to change my username. Do I have to delete my account in order to change my username? If so, how do I delete my account?

JuliannaV
Community Manager

Hi @mittens  the drop down from your avatar has "settings" click on that and you'll be able to update your username. You will have your password automatically reset when you do that. Thanks!

mittens
Saver

2nd try: Settings only allows me to change my password, not my username. If I need to delete my account, please tell me how.

JuliannaV
Community Manager

@mittens are you trying to change your user name in the app or here in the Community?

mittens
Saver

In the Community.

Derf
Deal Sharer

How does one get permission?  I can't see any image gallery under my profile.  And there's nothing I can find in FAQ that helps me embed a photo with a comment I wanted to make.

"Each community member who has permission to upload images has an image gallery."

Dana
Deal Expert

@Derf  are you talking about putting a profile pic on this community? You need to click your picture and follow the prompts to add a picture you have to be on a computer to do it it will not work on a phone.

Derf
Deal Sharer

@Dana, no I'm talking about adding a picture of a product or receipt to a comment.  Guessing "new members" don't have access to this option?  If so, why?

Dana
Deal Expert

@Derf  you can see the pic of the camera above this box click it click choose files it has to be done on a computer only it won't work anywhere else

Derf
Deal Sharer

@Dana- I do see the little camera above where I write a post/reply but when I click that it does not give me option to browse for an image file on my computer.  I tried both Firefox and Chrome, same.  Here's a snapshot of what I see.  You'll have to download it from my google drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1buECxND4cnct13BLXa9NHCpFhCSyw7VK/view?usp=sharing

Dana
Deal Expert

@Derf  I always get this and have since the community started  ibotta.jpg

Derf
Deal Sharer

Well, guess I'm not special enough or there's a bug in the site or something.  What does FAQ mean by this "Each community member who has permission to upload images has an image gallery"?

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Derf @Dana   I can only upload images from my phone, not my desktop.

RiverSong
Deal Sharer

I and others need your help. A few days ago the January 2021 teamwork thread was started and I posted that I wanted to find teammates. I've been overwhelmed with responses but no one seems to know how to add people who are already ibotta savers unless you use Facebook. The manager of the thread hasn't added any comments or help so maybe you can. Is there a way for current members to connect as teammates without going through Facebook or other social media?

Derf
Deal Sharer

@FelskyNY @Dana - from my Android phone, using Chrome app, I have no options to post a picture at all (no little camera to click above comment box (just Bold, Italics, hyperlink, or bullet).

I don't see any way to access this forum from the Ibotta app.

Dana
Deal Expert

@RiverSong  no facebook friends are your teammates but it is not working at this time

Dana
Deal Expert

@Derf  go to account in the app click on community it been there for about a month or so try a computer that's how I am able to get the pictures. @FelskyNY  I can't upload any photos on my phone it's computer only for me

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Dana @Derf 

I'm attaching screen shots from my phone

The first is how I access the boards. The second showing the pic link

Screenshot_20210105-130943_Ibotta.jpg

Screenshot_20210105-131024_Chrome.jpg

Derf
Deal Sharer

@Dana @FelskyNY  Thanks, I do see how to get into Community Forum from the Ibotta app now.  But I still can't post a picture.  The area I can write a comment looks exactly like your last pic @FelskyNY , except the little photo icon is not there.  Only the icons for Bold, Italics, Hyperlink, Bullets.  Clearly there is a bug or someone else in admin may know more about these "permissions" that are talked about?

Dana
Deal Expert

@Derf  I doublt it's a bug. your phone may not be capable of doing it. Some phones can't especially if they're old. Like a lot of people were complaining they couldn't get walgreens/walmart photos on ibotta from there phone. they had to use a computer then it worked.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Dana @Derf   Well at least I helped a little.  

Derf
Deal Sharer

@DanaThanks, but not a phone issue. I have a new Moto Android phone.  And I have problem on both phone and computer.  Maybe I just need to get upgraded from "New Member" to "Core Shopper" like you are.  How does that happen?

Edit:  I found it here https://community.ibotta.com/t5/announcements/about-rank-levels/ba-p/42 

But no mention that "rank" affects ability to post pics... 😞

Derf
Deal Sharer

Final test.  If I have a URL of a picture that ends in .gif .jpg .png etc. I can post an image it seems. I just can't select a photo or screenshot from my computer or mobile phone.  I am tagging admin - perhaps they are not aware of this issue and/or can help get fixed. Thanks! @JuliannaV

This site is a workaround for others with same issue: https://postimages.org

You can upload a pic and get a link to use to post that picture in Ibotta community forums.

Dana
Deal Expert

@Derf  it happens when you participate in the group.

JuliannaV
Community Manager

@Derf As you continue to engage in the community - posting, replying, giving other posts likes, etc. your ranking will change and with that change, you'll get additional permissions! 

Derf
Deal Sharer

Thanks @JuliannaV - perhaps state that in the FAQs.  Would have saved me a lot of time trying to figure out what I was doing wrong!

I now see I've been upgraded from New Member to Rewards Hunter and like magic, I can now post pictures/screenshots directly from my computer or phone. 🙂  (@Dana  @FelskyNY)

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Derf @JuliannaV  I had no idea either.  I just looked one day - and wow - I can attach pics and started doing it. 

About the Author
Just a wife, mom, & GiGi trying to be the glue to hold everyone together!