Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Another Bonusless Monday morning

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@Deeldoc 

Unfortunately you are among the group of savers including myself that have not received bonuses. 

If you would please scroll through this forum I have marked replies from @LaraL as solutions. 

These should help you better understand the new ibotta bonus program.

Paying full price is optional
Solved! Go to solution

limsy
Rewards Guide

I hope people understand, that chasing this insane "90 or 140 offers" bonus will proof that you're really guinea pigs and it's OK to switch to such bonuses in the future.

Vote by your money, show Ibotta that you're not OK with such discriminating actions.

Of course, it's up to you...

Solved! Go to solution

Rosie307
Shopper

I won't be chasing it.. as I am one of the guinea pigs with zero bonuses for the month.  So I am steering clear of Ibotta. It's a good time for a break!! I understand marketing but I don't care for this test and choose not to buy in.

Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

No one is a "guinea pig", we're just testing out different bonuses as we work to evolve the bonus program. I understand that those not receiving a bonus feel discouraged but I promise we do have an exciting lineup right around the corner.

Solved! Go to solution

Amydstotts
Shopper

You're incredible for asking!  I do appreciate that.  I feel better about the whole situation after knowing that it's a test and hey, it might turn out that the test brings something we'll absolutely embrace, right?  🤞  We can hope!  I'm trucking along with 90 offers down, 50 to go.

Solved! Go to solution

limsy
Rewards Guide

"No one is a "guinea pig" we're just testing "

Of course, no one is guinea pig ( literally), call them "testing group" (if it makes any difference).

Any testing means having a control group and a testing group . Any testing has a goal. In this case the goal is to see if people swallow insane changes smoothly or not. Based on the result Ibotta will (or will NOT) implement some changes.

Otherwise this "just testing" doesn't make any sense.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@limsy  I don't think it is necessary to debate semantics at this point.  We are all in agreement that  it was highly unfair to those of you who are part of the group who received no bonuses and @LaraL said that she passed this along.  This was not HER decision or HER fault. 

I was in the group that received the $30/90.  Others are part of the $45/140 offers.  Either way, I am being transparent. As for the "guinea pig" vs.  "control group", please let it be.  Many of us know how you feel because when Ibotta was beta testing the "In Crowd" this also stirred up a lot of unpleasant conversation, and we really don't want to spiral back to that once again.

Solved! Go to solution

limsy
Rewards Guide

FelskyNY, this is exactly my point - as you said:  Ibotta is very discriminating.

I was a part of the "in crowd", I continue getting bonuses, but many people  don't get anything, and reading about that, feeling their frustration makes me sick.

I just said that implementing more discriminating changes is terrible wrong and people can show that they don't like such changes by not chasing these insane bonuses. that's it.

But again - everyone makes own decision.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Kayy_lo
Rewards Hunter

I’m in the same boat. I haven’t receive anything since my Jack o Lantern 45/140. I have about 45 offers left to complete it however really lacking the motivation and really don’t want to finish it. I feel that I MUST finish it now because I’m so close but find myself buying things I wouldn’t normally or spending a little more than I like. I hope these bonuses don’t continue like this, I much rather have smaller ones that some weeks I can finish and if I skip a week it won’t make a difference. With this bonus I find myself at the store more than usually which I’m not a fan of. I guess we will see what happens! Reading this post made me feel much better knowing I’m not the only one with these “ehhhh” feelings. 

Solved! Go to solution

bluebutterfly

While it's great to have all month to complete a bonus, having one so large, $45/140 is overwhelming. You have to break it up into more manageable chunks.

I haven't gotten any weekly bonuses but I started off the jackolantern with 21 to complete $10 Sept leaves and also got the $10 scavenger hunt so my jackolantern is now worth $65.

0 Likes