cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Item offers

What-Shot
Super Saver

Thank you, ibotta,  for making "any item" offers count/eligible toward the recent rounds of bonuses.  I really hope this is the new-norm!

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
8 Replies

Re: Any Item offers

LAFiiiNA
Deal Sharer

Yes! I agree! Thank you! This helps especially during the pandemic. 

Derf
Deal Sharer

Can you stack these "any item" offers with other offers?  I thought I'd get credit for these 2 when I bought the items pictured but appears not.  I had separate offers for Sparkling Ice and Gorton's I did get credit for.  I even tried scanning bar codes in store for the "any items" but couldn't get any to match.  How do you know what satisfies the "any items"?

Ibotta3.jpgIbotta4.jpgIbotta5.jpg

0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Derf 

Bummer about your disappointment/surprise. Maybe some of the following will be helpful:

1. "Any Item" offers are like other offers in that they are available only at for the stores listed. Did you purchase those items at a store where the corresponding "any item" offer available?
  2. When I'm doing ibotta shopping at Walmart (for example) I open the Walmart store in the ibotta app and do all my scanning from the store where I'm shopping (not from the main screen). That way, I don't get confused with offers available at other stores.
  3. Sometimes I will scan the product in the search bar of the store, other times I will click on a particular offer so I can scan the item to confirm it is eligible for the offer.
  4. It's not uncommon that ibotta is "missing" items that should be eligible for an offer (particularly "any item" offers). There is a way for us to request the item be added. If/when it is added, we can resubmit our receipt to claim/redeem that item.
  5. When you scan your receipt to redeem (if a a store other than Walmart), you will need to select each "any item" offer you believe you have matched. The app will require you to scan the barcode. If you confirmed its eligibility before you purchased (specifically at the store where you are shopping), it should scan just fine. 

I hope something on this list helps you! Please tag me if you would like me to explain further or post a pic of examples. 

Derf
Deal Sharer

@What-ShotThanks!

I was at the correct store, Jewel, that had the Any Brand offers.

I have submitted a ticket to have the 2 items included. Unfortunately, it probably won't help me reach my Cash Back Bouquet Bonus (still need 8 items in 3 days and was hoping I'd have 2 less with these "any brand" credited). 😞

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Derf  Have you already used the app to request the item(s) to be added? This may go faster than your ticket:

Click on the relevant "Any Item" offer.

Scroll down to where is asks to check the barcode.

Scan the barcode....if it states "does not match," do a rescan to activate a new screen that will ask; "Should this product be eligible??

Check YES, then proceed to take a pic of the product as app requests.

Finally, wait for their response in your notification feed. Sometimes it's quick, other times it a couple of days. 

If you get it resolved before your ticket is answered, you should close your ticket. 

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

Actually, I wholeheartedly disagree. Before "any offers" were allowed toward the big bonuses, I only needed to fulfill 10, 15, or 18 offers to get these bonuses. Now, because of this "generous" change, I now need a minimum of 36 offers to get these high dollar bonuses. Because I shop for just the wife and me, I no longer am able to fulfill these bonuses.

If we held a vote, I would vote to go back to the original protocol of accepting only true brand offers toward the high dollar bonuses.

Sorry. That's just the way I feel. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way.

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Aangsparks  Yes...that is the drawback on this. If you noticed the date of my original post here (it was 12/22/20), I posted it before ibotta upped the ante regarding number of offers.

But, it is what it is (at least for now). I also suspect that others (maybe even myself) would agree with you about changing it back. 

Meanwhile, however, I want to get all the any item offers available to me! 

Derf
Deal Sharer

@What-Shot  "if it states "does not match," do a rescan to activate a new screen"

THAT'S how you do it! I saw that screen once but now I know how to submit and just did it. Thanks!