cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Count issues...missing and or disappearing and not able to get them back

Kajvod
Rewards Hunter
I also put this on the Ibotta Top Savers facebook page...hoping for some idea as to how to get this rectified as Ibotta is being vague and  I'm getting different answers     Anyone having issues with losing bonus item count when you have to ask them to credit a rebate? I had to ask for a credit and Ibotta took care of it monetarily but didn’t credit me the item count.
Then they reversed a bonus ‘accidentally ‘  which removed 2 more item counts!
I have sent multiple emails and they never addressed the issue until yesterday where they said this:

"Thank you for providing your feedback! It appears your account is up to date and you have been manually credited for the Smart Water, however; when we have to manually credit an offer, we are unable to apply it to bonus counts at this time. I hope this helps to clarify.
I apologize for the inconvenience and have passed your message along to the appropriate team for further review. Your feedback may be incorporated into the app in the future."

It would seem that item count and money should go hand in hand especially when one is working toward icon status...I wouldn’t care as much if it was 15 items to earn an extra $1 but when you need 90 items for $40, every item counts!!!

Responses via facebook tell me  that people HAVE received item count credit or promises of such, when it was manually added back in so I'm not sure why Ibotta Help would tell me otherwise.   They just seem to want to tell me that they gave me credit for the item $$ wise and fixed the "accidental" reversal but what I really want is my 3  item counts that are rightfully mine.     It would seem this would be a HUGE issue for most of us who are top savers etc., and something that should be part of normal customer service,  so the fact they they say they will look into addressing it seems very odd to me.
3 Replies

Re: Bonus Count issues...missing and or disappearing and not able to get them back

Dana
Deal Expert

If you need a credit that also connects to a bonus and have to put in a ticket you need to let them know and give screen shots of every thing you need bonus included.

Re: Bonus Count issues...missing and or disappearing and not able to get them back

kamartin1
Skilled Saver

This has happened to me, but I continued reaching out. However, I sent so many attachments. It was  eventually fixed, but it did require a lot of correspondence. Keep trying! 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I have had this happen MANY times.  Sometimes, they simply credit me the Bonus amount, whether or not I completed it. 

It seems Ibotta Care personnel do NOT have the tools to update an account properly as if we just placed an order. 

It seems to me a simple task.  Format a screen that asks all the information and then post the amount as if the system just did it.  You just need to have the Account Name, Date and time, Store, each rebate purchased.  The system should be able to generate the rest.

This has been a problem for MANY YEARS and I have complained about it every time I submit a request.  Obviously, they don't think it is needed or they would have fixed this long ago.