cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Busy week

Janet1964
Super Saver

I have been to 7 stores since last Sunday shopping (only 3 trips) and my hubby thought I spent a fortune, but I just realized tonight that I have only spent $27.03 oop after coupons and rebates. my total purchases would have totaled $251.57 a little over a year ago.

I started Ibotta in Sept 2020 and Kroger, CVS carepass and other apps in Dec 2020-Jan 2021. I added Publix in April 2021. I want to add Target to my repertoire, but this keeps me pretty busy.

I was just informed this week about a local group that is helping homeless veterans with shelter. I will be going through my stockpile and donating what I cannot use quickly. It breaks my heart to see them struggling for basic needs that I take for granted like soap, shampoo and food 

4 Replies

Re: Busy week

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Janet1964  It's amazing how much can be used to help others.  Imagine all the toiletries that we get for free and how that helps others. Love that you are helping our veterans.

Janet1964
Super Saver

@FelskyNY 

This is my passion or calling. I have been a caregiver for a veteran and/or a family member since I was 15 years old - some 40 years now.

it started with my great uncle - WWII POW - took care of him for 15 years.

then I adopted a Vietnam POW whose family abandoned him and took care of him for 12 years

then I married a different Vietnam Vet who died after 4 years.

then I married a Desert Storm Vet - my current hubby - married 23 years now.

and then I adopted a WWII Pearl Harbor survivor widow when her husband died and I have been her    Caregiver for 15 years now. She turned 78 last Friday.

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

@Janet1964  May you be blessed and continue to bless others🙏

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Janet1964  You are an amazing woman, truly. 

0 Likes