cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBT/Snap

BSRuls
Rewards Hunter

Does anyone know if you can get cash back at Ibotta if you use EBT/Snap to make the purchase.I’m not sure that you can but I want to check

0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: EBT/Snap

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Absolutely. 

You can't legally sell food you bought with SNAP, and you can't trade usage of your card, and you may not let someone else use your card and pay you for the items.  As a result, some people wrongfully consider CB sites in a similar light

But using CB apps are completely legit.  Not only that, but it is wise to do so so that you can spread those dollars as far as you can.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@BSRuls  Absolutely.  Using your Snap card is a form of payment, just like using cash or credit.  When my son got a P-EBT card during Covid, there was a flyer inside on how to shop sales, use coupons & rebates to stretch the card funds further.

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

I think you should be able to isn't it a form of payment. I know ibotta will pay it out but not sure if it's against the rules for the other side.

Another example would be most items are fsa eligible but you get back offers on it from Ibotta so technically you can not claim it for reimbursement from your fsa account. For example people pay for commuter expenses that are pre tax dollars but then go around getting it reimbursed from company for travel fee.  I guess people just do it since they don't get caught because the companies are not going to talk to each other to compare notes.  So it's more a ethics thing.

I always wonder with the staking eventually the companies will find a way that a receipt will only get the rebate once (cdc attempt example of no coupons on receipt to get payment) since obviously it's the same company paying you ultimately.  And if they investigate they eventually can trace it back to you.  But the cost is more then the rebate to do this exercise.  Just by thoughts but I'm sure some experts out here know the rules better.  

0 Likes

BSRuls
Rewards Hunter

Thanks everyone for the help….I know about the Ibotta site from the EBT provider website but it doesn’t say whether you can do that….I just want to be comfortable and not lose my benefits 😉

0 Likes

Jensaves2Htown
Core Shopper

You can use coupons, too and pay with your EBT card and upload to Ibotta,.  Check your state, I just found this in my area to match up tp $30 per day at Farmers markets     https://doubleuptexas.org/how-double-up-works/   Too bad I don't have an EBT card, but I help those who do.

0 Likes