cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finished Give Thanks Bonus

Janet1964
Super Saver

I finished the give thanks bonus by doing 18 offers today. I only needed 15. Some have complained that these bonuses are too hard to complete. You have to break them down into smaller sections - there was 10 days to complete 48 offers - so that was 2 weekends and a midweek - so I broke it down to 16 offers each time would complete the bonus.

Although, I was disappointed that we didn’t get a weekend bonus this weekend to stack with it. I looked at it as we did last weekend and the midweek. 

remember to eat an elephant one bite at a time.

16 Replies

Re: Finished Give Thanks Bonus

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

@Janet1964 

I grabbed my last 3 offers (out of 28) tonight, it should update in the morning and I will get my 10.00. This one wasn't too bad, I found low cost items and a few free items and MMs that helped me along the way.

I was hoping for another bonus to stack with this weekend also. But I was able to stack the midweek and the 'surprise' bonus, so I'm happy 😊 

0 Likes

Bonniewest1226
Rewards Hunter

I had to complete it twice. Over 30 items the 1st time. Then it disappeared,  without giving me the credits. I sent a ticket asking why. The bonus reappeared with 48 items to get. 

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Janet1964 I'm amazed anyone could think this Giving Thanks bonus is impossible & not worth it, but I've read @least 2 people, 1 or both of them I know to be pretty hardcore Ibotta veterans, saying so. 

You probably understand this but the key to scoring on bonuses, especially marathons like Giving Thanks or the one last month where you had all month - mine was 140/$45 - is to complete as many offers PERIOD as possible. It's a heck of a lot easier to finish more 'filler offers' & basic consumables you'll use up in 5 days than it is to complete a cash back offer for a plane or hotel booking deal or a flat $10 cash back for an electronics or appliance purchase at Best Buy 

I was rather miffed someone else got a 48/$20 for the Giving Thanks bonus but mine is only 42/$10. That said, I'm ONLY THREE OFFERS AWAY, and I got till the witching hour Monday, so I can make a splash with 1 or all 3 of those offers. I'm already thinking of scoring the Envive Ibotta-Kroger McStacksky - 7 buckaroos cash back APIECE!

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@MeLMeL11 you got 28/$10 for Giving Thanks? Mine is 42/$10

Janet1964
Super Saver

@MeLMeL11 

We are all jealous right now. Mine was $10/48.

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Janet1964 you kinda got punked!

0 Likes

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

Congratulations on finishing your bonus. I don't understand why people were complaining either that it was impossible. After the October bonus, this was easy to complete. Like you said, you have to break it down and do it in a few trips. I got my bonus completed after 3 trips over one week so it was very manageable. Though I know many were disappointed that there were no weekend bonuses, I am a little relieved as I need a short break from chasing bonuses and shopping. After this weekend, I should be be ready to go after bonuses again. However, I am actually thinking of waiting until after Thanksgiving as this next week will be a busy one. Hosting two different Thanksgiving dinners on separate days. Plus, each dinner requires cooking and cleaning before company arrives. I don't see myself having the energy or time for shopping with all that going on unless it's something I need last minute for the dinner. Hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving week.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

All y'all have to consider that some of us are single-person households.  My son lives here, but he works at a pizzeria, so he mostly eats there.  I also am retired, so I have to watch my $$.   Also, how much would the 140 items cost me?  $200?  Yeah, I may get $40 back, but it likely would be for things I don't really need, or perhaps just stuff I already have too much of.

I am not sure how you fine folks can continue to do these 140 offer bonuses all the time.  I literally  have way too much of almost everything I consume.  I continue to get things like body wash, toothpaste, shampoo, razors, shaving cream, cereal, chips, candy, cookies, incontinent pads, tampons, bottled water,etc.  only when free or moneymakers.  I mean how many tampons does one single guy need.......lol   I have 30 to 50 of many of the aforementioned categories.  Obviously not as many in the food categories.

I watched A Clockwork Orange last wee, and I chuckled at one point during the movie as my mind drifted to how I feel particularly about toothpaste deals.  I have essentially put myself thru aversion therapy thru all the toothpaste deals.  Constantly adding new ones to my stockpile.  I almost want to **bleep** when confronted with new toothpaste deals...lol.  I don't donate much at all anymore unless it is moneymakers.

So it all boils down to the same old discussion.   There are many reasons to ibotta and many types of users.  There is nothing wrong with those of you who chase bonuses, and there is nothing wrong with me maybe only doing 20 to 30 offers a month.  I used to chase bonuses, but my ibotta philosophy and approach has changed drastically the last few years.  I already have too much new stuff in way too many rooms in my house from ibotta deals

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

@RCKCreatEnt  @Janet1964  yes, I was quite happy! Normally I get high offer requirements. A friend of mine at work got 18/$10.00.....needless to say I was super jealous😆