cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibotta employees don’t do their job!!!

Jana83
Rewards Hunter

I submit a Walmart receipt on Friday (7/29/22), the offers ware automatically picked up, shows as successfully matched and $23.65 will be credited to mine account, but then after submission the receipt processed and I get an email  of “no matching offers found.” My receipt matched 20 items and also quality fie both bonuses (vitamin sea bonus & weekend warrior bonus). I submitted 2-3 tickets (one each day) with ibota staff requesting proof, send screenshot of the “submitted receipt, detail info of each items and still I haven’t received any credit or any update from their staff !! So frustrating that I spend a little bit over $100 for items I would not even buy (bc r not necessary or fist choice) to get the credit ! (Does any one else feels related ?) or in just one who feels the need to buy stuff just to get a “few cents” back 😞🥲😅

just saying for the fist time ibotta staff sucks! For not doing their job, at least with an answer or something!  So Ibotta HAS STOLEN MY MONEY !!! 

(I knowing I can return the items but what a hassle)!!! 😡

11 Replies

Re: Ibotta employees don’t do their job!!!

mmoore01
Deal Master

Sorry to hear you had a problem.

If you have checked the Ibotta Community, you would know that this is a known issue with Walmart receipts and they are working on it.  

One of the remedies was to resubmit the receipt, but since that had to be done within the first 24 hours, your only recourse is to open a request, as you did.  Unfortunately, opening multiple requests actually slow down the resolution.

Ibotta has always, repeat ALWAYS, given users credit for bonuses when they have been earned, even after they have expired, if you tried to submit your receipt in the allotted time period.

Imagine the largest Ibotta merchant, Walmart.  How many Ibotta users shop at Walmart?  Lots.  And if half of them are having this issue, then Ibotta Care is SWAMPED.

Under normal conditions, it can take 1-2 days to get a request resolved.  Expect it to take 5 or more days to get everything resolved at this time.  You will get your money and your bonuses. 

The reason you haven't received credit yet is because Ibotta Care is doing their job with other users.  Just be patient.

Jensaves2Htown
Core Shopper

That's why most of us don't chase bonuses.  We let them happen naturally, mostly.  I know you should be credited for all including bonus due, unless you return the items.  We all report tickets on problems with our credits. It is a lot of time spent looking for these offers.  I love when I finally find a Unicorn only to find no longer in my Gallery!! --It happens a lot.  With that said, I feel that Ibotta does save me a lot of money overtime.  I am choosy about which items I buy and may not shop often enough to meet  a bonus, But, when I do, I usually stack them with other apps.  Good luck with your resolution.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Jana83 

If you don't want your money, keep opening a new ticket every day.  If there are 5000 tickets open and all 5,000 people open a ticket every day,  it would be a nightmare.   Just submit your ticket and give them up to 4 or 5 business days to respond.   Patience is key.   Ibotta did not steal your money.  They did not even get any of your money if no offers were found.  They simply have not paid monies to you yet that you have earned.  Their customer service is top notch, albeit a bit slow at times, but we can all help things along if we quit submitting multiple tickets for the same instance of an issue.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Melishananigans
Deal Sharer

Woot woot i second that ... Excellent customer service .. Patience is key 

Im so very grateful something like Ibotta even exists ... What a difference it has made at a time when every little bit counts ..meaning savings in all aspects of life really .... 

" attract more bees with honey than vinegar " 

Have a wonderful successful blessed day to all Ibotta community members 

"Lets make today a great one "

Savings1
Rewards Hunter
  • Experiencing same thing, and I never have an issue with IBotta Care- but they closed my first ticket from purchased made 7/28 and since then been back and forth and thought they said request went through today 8/5 and credit will show on my account- but the credit doesn’t show on my account! I didn’t want my ticket closed kept replying since its states  “reply to this email if issue is not resolved or closed-if we helped your issue”- I didn’t close it- I don’t know what happened and I did read that Walmart receipts were taking forever with isues - but  when they say an offer doesn’t match- ok I’ll resubmit with IBotta Care. I received a reply from one agent within the 24hours told me it didn’t match and to send photos of the barcodes, the actual items and the very long receipt. After sending 8 photos- I get a reply today from a different agents name stating “no match found make sure to scan barcodes at the very bottom of offer it’ll say scan barcode” - I replied right away because I Always scan In the store for each item I know theres an offer and to make sure it didn’t disappear on Ibotta. So I resubmitted with a different ticket number now..but the offers are long gone by now! Thank goodness was only for 3items to match their 3 offers for just $7! But this is ridiculous! I have another receipt from todays purchase that matched 19 offers yet they sent a new email saying no match- yet again- I’ll try and resubmit but these offers are expiring soon! Two in which are will complete bonuses!  I don’t know what to do -the offers were available at the time of purchase!?! 😤 -3 deep breaths of luck 😑🤞sorry for long rant- but I’m just worried they’ll want me to scan photos of my 19matched items for my next new ticket number🥴

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Savings1 

Wow.   I feel bad for all of you who are going through it with WM purchases.  That sounds like a lot of work with little movement.

I just submitted a receipt with two 'any' offers for 35¢, and I got the email that they paid me and my bonus progress includes counts for the offers, but it still shows as processing in my earnings section.  That is sort of weird as well, but not anywhere near as horrible as what you are experiencing.

I hope they fix this for you and anyone else going through this.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  Whew,  So much negativity from some new members…

Savings1
Rewards Hunter

I’ve had IBotta for awhile as well I’m just glad this sort of thing doesn’t happen all the time 😆 My WM receipt from today went through with no issues, matched the 19 offers and both bonuses completed 😅 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

I mentioned this in another conversation, but Ibotta use to show the status of a scanned receipt in Activity (the Bell).

However, this is no longer happening.  To see the progress of a submission, you need to go to Account, then My Earnings.

This is a little more work (an extra click), so I don't know how many will realize this change.  I guess they will figure it out, but Ibotta should have send an email to let everyone know, in my opinion.

In addition, if nothing is found on your receipt, you will get an email, but the scanned receipt is not in the app.