cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: In Crowd

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY 

First of all, I am honoured, albeit unworthy,  to be called Bender; he was obviously the star of the show.

This is the first I am hearing of the in-crowd, so I was immediately offended.   I think both are stupid, but I am almost completely offended by the name.   The benefits may not seem 'fair', but I don't really care about that so much.

I understand that others of you are upset by the small 'just because' bonuses, but that isn't my issue.

It is the dam-ned name.  It has to go.

(I do miss seeing my avatar in the email even though I was not impressed by the awful facial hair)

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Welshcar  You are welcome to join us in the bleachers, or (in the library if you want to continue with the Breakfast Club reference).  Growing up I was NEVER part of the in-crowd and to date (except here), I am very much an outlier. 

I think Ibotta pushed some long deep buried, subconscious buttons for some of us, without meaning to. 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  Bender, rightfully named - embrace it!  I like to think I'm more like Brian (call me Briana).  I like my words. I try to choose them carefully. 

0 Likes

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@FelskyNY  Thanks for the invite! And I love the BC references, one of my favorite 80s movies!

same here, I’d say I was on the fringe, but that’s the great thing about high school, it was a long time ago and we are all probably much different people now. I can’t complain about my life. 

0 Likes

ellieh1972
Deal Sharer

My bday was in January and when I was asked to join the incrowd my birthday passed and did not get the birthday bonus

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I don't know how I am not being clear here.  I really couldn't care less that I wasn't picked to get some bonuses.

I find the name was chosen without reading the room.

Change the name to "Lucky Ibotta Members Bonuses"'  Team   (LIMB Team)....lol;  I don't care.

It is one thing to be told you aren't lucky, but entirely another to be told you arent in the incrowd.

This explains a great deal about some of the posts I am seeing involving incrowds, founders, and newbies.   It looks like the formation (and naming) of this new group is adversely affecting the harmony of this community.  This is the first I am hearing about this group, but after some searching of these boards, I see a great deal of animosity.

Again, don't include me into this group.  I have lived my whole life treating every person or group as my equal.  I don't wish to be in a group that tells others that they are less than I.  And I can't even believe in 2021 anybody would have a name that does such.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY   Do you have an elephant lamp?

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta   We hear you - we truly do.  You are offended overall by the insensitive nature of the naming of the group.  Name it Beta group and we would be a lot less upset. 

I myself are offended with the small level bonuses AND the name of the group, but I cover the insensitivity by amusing myself elsewhere. 

Real life - my bday was yesterday.  My mom called me Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to wish me a happy birthday and tell me she is happy that I was born.  She'll call me every day this month if she sees it is still on the calendar.  I literally asked her aide to cross it off the calendar.  Yes, I'm lucky she still remembers me and wants to wish me a happy birthday.  But every day she asks me if I got the (imaginary) card she sent me.  Every day she asks about my sister that she saw 1 week ago because I could not be there. Real life is HARD.  So the foolish name a bunch of clueless Ibotta insiders came up with - who really gives 2 sh...…...

I'm stepping out for a bit.  Love you people for understanding. 

ShannonA1
Saver

@FelskyNY And @Rickibotta you are cracking me up! And then you threw in the Bender jokes!! I’m reading this thread like a book lol

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@Rickibotta @FelskyNY  You guys are so much younger than me .. I’m too old to remember or appreciate Breakfast Club. I don’t even remember Fast Times at Ridgemont High .& Cameron Crowe is my cousin! 

0 Likes