cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Crowd

Leasie
Rewards Hunter

I am really confused about the wording of the in-crowd bonus program.

I just received rising star status which entails me to a birthday bonus, but according to the email we only get the rewards til July. My birthday isn't till October, does that mean I won't get a bonus??

32 Replies

Re: In Crowd

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@Leasie  Post this to the In-Crowd Lounge.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

WTAF is an "in-crowd"?

And who named it?  I can't believe during times like this that anybody would come up with such a divisive and insulting name.  'I am deeply offended by this.

By definition, since I don't know what it is, I must  be considered a loser by ibotta

I think I am somewhere beneath Ally Sheedy's character in the Breakfast Club.  She was just an outcast.

A lot must have truly happened when I took my little 4-month break.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

MelissaR
Core Shopper

@LeasieMy birthday is in Dec.  Last year when I did the beta test, after the program had officially ended, I got my Birthday bonus.  Looking back through the app, I got it the very beginning of Aug.  So just keep your eyes peeled for that bonus in a few months.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta   You must have missed it when I myself dubbed us outliers, the bleacher-crowd, I believe it was.  I also did indeed compare ourselves to the Breakfast Club.  Must every conversation that you and I partake in circle back to a 1980s Brat pack movie?

Indeed, when you were on hiatus, I was fondly singing "Don't you forget about me"

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY  @Icequeen813 

We need to cancel the person who came up with this name of in-crowd.   So ibotta supposedly randomly picked people to get easy and large bonuses who perhaps don't even do 15 offers a month,.  I am sure some of them do quite a bit, but others probably not.   This is ridiculous.

I would have understood if they had given it to the top 100 or 100 people whatever it is in terms of redemptions and called it ibotta Top Earners.  But how are they going to ignore those who have spent all these hours building this community into what it has become.

This name has to go.  This name neither encourages nor fosters inclusivity 

tl;dr.   The name of in-crowd is deeply offensive and needs to go.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  Ok Bender we hear you. 

I guess when you didn't hear the ins and outs of the in-crowd, you weren't offended, and now that you are more aware, you are.  I too understand the concept of a beta test, but also agree some of the bonuses awarded were so unbalanced.

Birthday bonus (mine was yesterday as we all know) - NOPE

Milestone bonus - I hit $2K a week or so ago - NOPE

It's a Tuesday bonus (kidding but might has well been) - NOPE

Granted, the bonus rewards were high, but the # of offers to redeem was high too.  It's more the smaller "just because you were picked to be special" bonuses that upset us.

Deep breath - and maybe you'll be picked next time.  I think you are just jealous that your avatar pic isn't included in the monthly Ibotta email.

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@Rickibotta   I t was  “a randomized” selection on 2/1 .We are in beta testing since that time & it ends 7/31 , I believe. The talk from “main office “is hopefully open up to everyone.There’s a mixture of oldies & newbies. The only name o recognize was Dana& mmoore01. The rest joined the Community the end of last year& early this year. If you hadn’t gone dark, you I believe would have been chosen 

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rickibotta I'll pass your feedback along to the program manager.

0 Likes

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@FelskyNY  and @Rickibotta  I can’t 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I myself am a member of the out-crowd, and I wholeheartedly agree with you that the name of the ridiculous bonus (ridiculous because we aren’t included) program is lame. 
based on what others are saying in this thread, there have been two or more rounds of this program and we didn’t get picked for either one??!! Again, lame. 
And even worse, as @FelskyNY said, we get nothing for our big earning milestones or birthdays. Clearly, this is not a well thought out experiment.