cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

INACCURATE BONUS TALLIES

Francoise
Skilled Saver

Why, oh why is it impossible to get the help desk to add bonus credits from missed offers added to your bonus tally?

Whenever a redemption goes awry and a previously verified item ends up falling off the map (usually sometime between pending and paid), I open a ticket stating the problem, include verifying screenshots, and remind them to add the item credit to the running total of whichever bonus(es) is/are going at the time.  But never, never, ever have they fulfilled these bonus requests. My help tickets have always ended up looking like some combination of the following:

• They apologize for their error and the inconvenience, add the missing money to my account balance, then mark the ticket as solved.
  • I reopen the ticket, stating I still need the bonus added to my tally. They ignore me, then "solve" the ticket again.
  • I open another ticket re-stating the problem. They cut and paste their rules on bonus offers (which has nothing relevant to offer in this regard), say have a nice day, and "solve" the ticket.
  • I respond to the closed ticket, saying the problem isn't solved. They instruct me on how to refresh my screen, say thank you, then, once again, solve an unsolved ticket.

The help desk has succeeded in helping me with many and varied issues over the years. Why does something as seemingly simple and straightforward as missing credits toward bonus offers remain elusive and UNSOLVABLE???

I've been throwing up my hands and letting it go for a long time. I do have bigger fish to fry. However, this evening two offers from one of my receipts were reversed. I don't know why, but I mention this only because I was floored to see that two credits were also subtracted from my bonus totals! I don't need more proof than that that this really can and should work both ways.

Anyone share my boat? Better yet, anyone been successful where I haven't and have tips to offer? 

4 Replies

Re: INACCURATE BONUS TALLIES

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Francoise 

My guess is that it is a technical limitation.  Bonus totals are likely integrated into their regular system that goes against databases that include all the purchase details that have TDS (time date stamps) and other details.  The Care Team likely does not have access to change these things.

I feel you.  I always wait until the end of a bonus if I don't make it. 

Then I state the facts, such as below:. 

I had 138 offers counted towards my 140 offers required for the BlahBlah bonus.  There was an offer on 12/1 (oscar mayer - ticket #xxxxxx)  <and>another one on 12/14 (sara lee bread - ticket # xxxxx) where I was given credit for redemptions via ticket, but did not receive progress towards the bonus.   Those two redemptions would result in the 140 required offers.  Please award me the $15 I earned for  the 'BlahBlah' bonus.   Thank you in advance, and let me know if you require anything further.

I understand it is done after the fact, and it is frustrating, but I have done tickets just like the above 5 or 6 times, and they have always come thru.  I always use the same format above and just change the required details.  

β€œ2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta 

You've provided an excellent tip that also serves to highlight a useful point: If you make the bonus anyway, then the missing credits wouldn't matter in the end. Still, it would make me nervous to leave it to the help desk to make good on a very high value bonus, such as there have been lately.

That said, it's one thing to accept the fact that they are unable to give credits that SHOULD HAVE BEEN EARNED. It's quite another, however, to accept their practice of taking bonus credits away that HAVE ALREADY BEEN EARNED.

If they have and use the ability to take something away, then they have the responsibility of making sure they can give it back.  For whatever reason, if their system is such that they cannot return what they take away, then I consider it bad faith that they do so.

SantaFeAtBay
Saver

I have had an issue where a store is listed under the bonus. I shop that store, don't get credit towards the bonus. Shop the exact same item at another store listed, DO get credit. I mean, same size, flavor, everything.

I have given up on bonuses out of frustration. I get them incidentally now and then rather than intentionally. By not shopping to get a bonus  I save myself some coin. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SantaFeAtBay 

Sace yourself coin and aggravation.

β€œ2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes