Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Item bar code don't recognize?

MaryJhane
Saver

Hi all!

Anyone else had an experience about scanning a bar code on an item to make sure it match, even though it has all the detail requirement on the item,(brand, size, oz, etc..) however the bar code wasn't recognized? I even read the fine details,  read the label on the item twice or three times just to make sure, I wasn't getting blurry vision.  Well, this has happened to me mostly at Walmart for the most part and about 4-5 on items that was on the bonuses. It'll be nice to know what has caused that. 

I appreciate your solution.

Happy Shopping 💓

Mary Jhane

Labels (1)
Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Item bar code don't recognize?

Saving4Fun

@MaryJhane I’ve experienced that several times, especially if it’s a new flavor or variety and the barcode hasn’t made it into the system. If you keep scanning it 3 or 4 times without exiting (just hold the phone over the barcode, and let it keep re-scanning), it will pop up an option to add the barcode. You’ll be asked to take a photo of the front of the item. I make sure I’m as close as possible, that the photo is clear, and if possible I try to make sure you can see the item size (i.e. 6 oz). Oftentimes, it accepts it immediately and says the barcode will be added. However, it’s not instant, and usually it doesn’t require me to scan for submission. If it says it doesn’t qualify or you have to scan to submit, you can always message the help center, but a few days ago, I decided to start a receipt submission, and when it asked me to scan, I scanned again and it gave an option to submit for product review. I can’t remember if I had to click the question mark in the top right corner, or if it automatically gave me the option. I’ll let you know next time it happens. Either way, it was listed as a pending product review in my notifications, and I’d estimate 8 hours or so, and it notified me that it was approved, You will still need to submit your receipt to get the credit, because it’s only approved the item being added to the offer.

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@MaryJhane you’re very welcome. Happy to help! Hope it works as easily for you as it did form me. 

@Icequeen813 don’t know if you saw my reply.. next time it happens, try what I did.

15 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@MaryJhane I’ve experienced that several times, especially if it’s a new flavor or variety and the barcode hasn’t made it into the system. If you keep scanning it 3 or 4 times without exiting (just hold the phone over the barcode, and let it keep re-scanning), it will pop up an option to add the barcode. You’ll be asked to take a photo of the front of the item. I make sure I’m as close as possible, that the photo is clear, and if possible I try to make sure you can see the item size (i.e. 6 oz). Oftentimes, it accepts it immediately and says the barcode will be added. However, it’s not instant, and usually it doesn’t require me to scan for submission. If it says it doesn’t qualify or you have to scan to submit, you can always message the help center, but a few days ago, I decided to start a receipt submission, and when it asked me to scan, I scanned again and it gave an option to submit for product review. I can’t remember if I had to click the question mark in the top right corner, or if it automatically gave me the option. I’ll let you know next time it happens. Either way, it was listed as a pending product review in my notifications, and I’d estimate 8 hours or so, and it notified me that it was approved, You will still need to submit your receipt to get the credit, because it’s only approved the item being added to the offer.

Solved! Go to solution

MaryJhane
Saver

@Saving4Fun Hi! Thank you for the help, That's makes a lot of sense, it happens on the new items as well.  I will definitely try this once it happen again. Otherwise, I'll make sure to try your advice.

Again, I appreciate you!

Have a great week!

Mary Jhane

Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@MaryJhane  Yes today, Cracker Barrell cheese bar @ Walmart today !

Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@Saving4Fun  Omg 😱 it happened today w Cracker Barrel cheese bar. I scanned 4-5 different bars... nothing it was the only  kind they had Extra Sharp.. bought in the past

Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@MaryJhane you’re very welcome. Happy to help! Hope it works as easily for you as it did form me. 

@Icequeen813 don’t know if you saw my reply.. next time it happens, try what I did.

Solved! Go to solution

MaryJhane
Saver

@Saving4Fun , @Icequeen813 Wow! What do you know, it did worked! This is exciting! Shopping got better and better! 🤗 I appreciate your help and I hope other Ibotta Teammates can see this as a solution. 

Many Thanks!

Mary Jhane

Solved! Go to solution

Brat
Rewards Hunter

Thanks it happens to me at Walmart all the time 

Solved! Go to solution

Dawn52
Shopper

i have the same problem on several items

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@Dawn52 Just wanted to make sure you saw my reply about submitting the barcode for review. Often times, the barcode is added instantly, but at most I’ve waited about 8 hours for approval. This issue is most common with new flavors or varieties, and the quickest, easiest way to help Ibotta update its catalog of barcodes is to utilize the product submission tool. Plus, you’ll get your cash back much faster than submitting a ticket thru the help center. @MaryJhane said it worked for her, too. See my previous reply.