cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just look how close I was!!! 😳😬😩

londonjarrell77

9DFA6C2A-062C-42C3-9DC4-A81385670E00.png

 Walmart and their incorrect ( or their shoppers can’t find items and say they aren’t in stock) online delivery! My Walmart will come back and say that not 1 but it’s always 5 10 items  I chose aren’t in stock. I’m beginning to think these kids don’t want to get them. 

13 Replies

Re: Just look how close I was!!! 😳😬😩

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

If you are having a problem with Walmart Grocery Pickup & Delivery, I mentioned in a recent post that you can minimize the chance of not getting your rebates.

When you place your Online order, edit substitutions.  Where it makes sense, select a substitute item that will also match an Ibotta rebate.  For example, I ordered Honey Maid Graham crackers, but selected the Cinnamon flavored ones if the regular one is out of stock.  

Sometimes, the Ibotta rebate allows a larger size.  I purchased the 6 pk of Boost, but set up the 12 pk as a substitute.  Both had Ibotta rebates. 

The nice part, if Walmart substitutes the item and it is more expensive, you get it at the price of the item you wanted.  I got a 16 lb bag of Cat food for the price of a 7 lb bag.  Both qualified for the Any Brand Dry Cat Food rebate.

I also try to place an order for more than is needed for a bonus.  My bonus was for 15 items, I ordered 20.

Hope this helps for future orders.

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@londonjarrell77 that is so close you can taste it!! Im not sure how easy it is for you time wise, but if time permits, you can go in-store and get er done!? Also, if you do, just heads up the 5 star folders are still on clearance and have been a money maker if you have that in your offers, and also, the core bars have had an offer for bogo. What's happened twice for.me now is that when I bought 2 it actually set off other core bar offers and ended up counting as 5 offers rather than one. It helped.me finish my $10 bonus. Anyways..you will get it! Your almost there!

londonjarrell77

@@mmoore01 

This happens every time with my Walmart. It’s not a few items and they don’t substitute with the Same brand. It’s been multiple items 10 on small orders and up to 20 or more on larger ones and they are told to substitute with Great Value brands if available. And if not these guys pic random items or say they aren’t in stock. One time I ordered my dark brown hair dye with red undertones. I got a different brand and it was straight up purple. I still have it because they were supposed to send someone right back to come get it!! 3 boxes!!

0 Likes

londonjarrell77

@mmoore01 It’s likes a mystery surprise every time I order delivery from Walmart. Almost comical ! I just sit back and wait!! Pray for the best!! 😂😂

Dana
Deal Expert

Just buy some gift cards for later use they count for the bonuses.

londonjarrell77

@Dana @But they don’t count towards my item count I need to get . For my bonuses. It’s the item count! 

0 Likes

londonjarrell77

@mmoore01 @Donna2 @Dana I’m limited! Everything I do I have to do online! I have to have everything delivered. So everything I have done up until this point has been right from my home. I can’t go to stores and shop like most of you guys! All you see is my picture. But I’m actually disabled. I can’t drive or be around people. I have seizures and weak kidneys and my spine is damaged. So this makes it twice as hard. I’m limited to stores. 

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

@londonjarrell77  yes they do count. They count for bonuses and monthly level. They only will not count for the online purchase bonuses. I am disabled as well and high risk for covid and can't leave my house a lot only for doctors appointments and to see family. I shop online as well and have my husband pick it up.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

Walmart Grocery Pickup and Delivery does not allow Walmart gift cards.  If you do not shop in store (ever!), then the gift cards are only good for Walmart Online orders (not Grocery Pickup & Delivery).

Maybe it is only my store, but when I edit the substitutions, not only do I get to choose which items I want to substitute, they CAN be for the same brand, just a different flavor, for example.  I have also been able to choose LARGER sizes.  

My understanding is that if a substitution is done, it cannot be for an item that costs LESS.  If you are getting Great Value items instead of the name brand, I would contact Walmart Customer Support at 800-WALMART (800-925-6278). 

Sorry you are having so much trouble.