cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Max Amount Of Earnings For One Month

MoneyMomma
Shopper

@smurf71446 I live in a small town and do all my shopping at Walmart & Kroger. I don’t try to buy multiple items at a time unless it is a sale item at the store and the sale is about to end. What I do is buy 1 and let it reset to buy again. This adds to my number of items needed to meet a bonus unless it requires unique items. For February I earned $150.09 and I was iced in for a week. 

0 Likes

Janet1964
Super Saver

@RCKCreatEnt 

I didn’t get the rising star bonus! 😞

0 Likes

Janet1964
Super Saver

I just surpassed my best month in February- $296.

0 Likes

Janet1964
Super Saver

I usually do not buy multiples unless it is something that I use a lot,  it is a mm or almost free. That way I let it reset to do another offer again  on the next bonus. I do a lot of repeat offers. I also search the web to try to find a coupon to go with the offer when it resets. A lot of my coupons state you can only use 1 per transaction. Since I usually have multiple coupons, I only buy 1 and hope the offer resets at the same level. Since most coupons, sales and offers cycle about every 6 weeks, I try to buy enough to last until it comes around again. That way you never have to pay full price or risk running out before it comes around again.

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@smurf71446 @lcglass Howdy, been looking forward to giving you some 💙2💙 coaching and counseling. Finally got home a few minutes ago and settled down for the night

Have you EVEN ONCE INTENTLY rummaged through your Ibotta app? If not, NOTHING ELSE will follow

The first time you SERIOUSLY rummage, the SAME DAY you ought to take a double and triple take and as many as needed. 

Before you know it you'll be making a DAILY habit of it

The first time you SERIOUSLY rummage, you OUGHT to find at the ABSOLUTE LEAST FIVE 'GOTTA GET by end of tomorrow' offers, but seriously, you really should find TEN+ 'GIT-M-DUN next 5 days' deals

The terms 'gotta get'/git-m-dun' deals are all in the 👁️ of the beholder; they're very relative and vary from person. Only YOU can determine YOUR 'gotta get'/git-m-dun' and THAT once again takes intentional rummaging through your app

When YOUR 'GOTTA GET'/'GIT-M-DUN' start popping up like weeds, THAT'S when Ibotta really starts getting fun, because the more deals you complete the more $$$$ you make

You probably know about the Mid Week Money Maker (MW2M) and Weekend Warrior (2WB) bonuses - those are short term sprint bonuses.  Sooner or later midrange and marathon bonuses will come your way.  You will be required to complete SO MANY offers in so much time, but it will (hopefully) never matter WHAT KINDS of offers you complete

If you're normal, chances are, you're not filthy rich that you sweat buckaroos out of your armpits and neither am I.  I'll bet every year you spend more $$$$ and buy more what I call CAT.B items (🧀, 🍧, 🍫, 🥓, crackers, chips, milk,, cereal, etc.) than CAT.A items (clothes, shoes, furniture, electronics, appliances, flight and hotel booking, etc.).

I've never sat down to do monthly tallies of how much I spent on Ibotta offers and I would blanch to see it.  However, I'd bet $$$$s to donuts that a minimum of 80% of all my Ibotta deal spending is $10 or less and at least 60% of THAT is $4 or less

I'd LOVE to give you my Butterfinger at Walmart spiel, BUT ONLY if you ask me for it

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Zenniezou I stand corrected, someone made $611 in a single month, but $400+ in 1 month ain't no slouch

Been meaning to ask, is your last name 'Zhou', and do you have chinese or Taiwanese ancestry? 

0 Likes

Saving4Fun

After seeing this post, I’m wondering if my earnings are the reason my account keeps getting flagged. I’ve been blocked for the fourth time since I joined three months ago and I can’t understand why it keeps happening. I thought I was doing pretty good for a beginner, but maybe I’m earning too much. I shop based on what I call the stock-up philosophy, and anything I buy is something I know I’m going to need and use at some point in the future. The lower the OOP cost, the more I buy, and rarely do I buy anything without stacked offers and earning rewards. If you want to know more, I’m happy to share. I’ve been on medical leave from work, so I’ve had a lot of time on my hands. This has become my hobby because it’s fun, relatively safe for someone at very high risk of COVID infection, and it’s great mental exercise. I’m sure when I’m able to return to work, I’ll notice a drop in my earnings, but I’m getting better at it each week, and I’ve noticed that I’m not investing as much time as I did in the beginning, when I knew almost nothing about extreme couponing. 

46C4886D-7516-4FFE-9F02-F370CBE4A309.jpeg

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Saving4Fun that's unreal when you got less than $10 short of $5C in single month earnings. I've seen $611 and $411? reported on this thread. I've hit $200+ in single month earnings only once thus far in maybe 2.5 years in Ibotta, maybe largely because I often don't have the discretionary funds to hit the Level 4 Teamwork Bonuses regularly enough nor to buy any more than the minimum of allowable units for cash back. However in all but 3-4 months I've consistently hit 3 digit earnings and maybe the last 5-8 months I've gotten $150+, I vividly remember I completed 3 straight months of $180+, the last better than the previous 2

0 Likes

Klb423
Rewards Hunter

Has anyone ever received a 1099-MISC form or had to file taxes on their earnings before?

0 Likes

Mtmmom1
Shopper

$158

0 Likes