cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing credits towards bonus (WWB)

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

I made a purchase 03/03/2022 at Kroger's of 14 unique products. I have immediately noticed several serious discrepancies. 

1.   Only received credit for 9/14 unique products toward WWB
  2.   The pending amount total $24.00 is incorrect. the correct amount should be $18.00
  3.    Received $18.00 rebate for 14 unique products and receipt is still showing pending 

Below is the app confirmation of the unique items I received rebates for and did not receive credit towards completing WWB. Can someone in well versed in Ibotta explain why? or is my math wrong? I counted 14 unique products; how many do you count?  Explaining this to the Care Team might result in several possible courses of action.  

1. Something gets reversed
  2. offers no longer exist 
  3. erroneous or multiple credit issued 

OBSHOP_0-1646340889227.jpeg 

OBSHOP_1-1646340933272.jpeg

Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated, operations are becoming very sketchy 

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.
9 Replies

Re: Missing credits towards bonus (WWB)

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@OBSHOP I can only speak from my experience, but as far as that erroneous $24 pending amount goes, I've seen many, many times the amount on pending offers not at all jiving with the amount stated when submitted. But in almost all these cases, the $$ amount corrected itself/reverted back to the correct total when finally paid to my account.

Regarding the number of offers being off, I don't know what's going on there, but I suspect it's a completely different issue from the wrong pending total amount... if that's at all helpful.

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

Update,

Just as I anticipated, Dure early morning hours I received that annoying reply requesting photos of my receipt and products for the rebates I'm request payment for. 

My issue with this is I clearly stated the rebates were paid for 14 unique items.  I received partial credit towards WWB I was shorted 5 credits.  I was awarded 9/14 credits from a single purchase where 14 rebates were redeemed. These 5 credits will complete my WWB.

I responded to Mercy of the Care Team and again explained. I am not owed money; I am missing 5 credits towards WWB.   @JuliannaV     or app user is there a better way this can be explained to the Care Team? 

0 Likes

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

@OBSHOP When you review the email sent to you after the receipt cleared the pending status and your cash back processed, does it reflect credit for the eight different Crest products you purchased? I'm asking because I also purchased Crest products (4 total, 3 different varieties) and only one item had a different description on the receipt, meaning for me the system wanted to only give me credit for two unique offers even though I scanned the barcodes for three. I'm wondering if something similar happened in your case, where the system only gave you credit for some of the Crest items and doubled up offers on others to give you the correct dollar amount, but not the correct number of offers? (Hoping that makes sense.)

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@mom2furkids 

Each item is unique and has an individual rebate.

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

@OBSHOP Wow, that is truly crazy if your confirmation email lists out all 14 individual rebates. I don't understand how the system didn't count them towards your bonus then. I'm sorry, that really stinks! I was hoping the automated system had missed some of the unique offers as it did in my situation, which would be easier to fix. Fingers crossed the Care Team gets this resolved quickly for you!

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

I think what is worse than that the individual on the Care Team is clueleissue out my isue   

0 Likes

MerSadie
Saver

The care team does seem to have major issues and they seem to be constantly happening.  I spent over 10 days about an adjustment that they said was credited but the money never went in.  I gave all information to prove including the math breakdown showing the missing money and I kept getting the same response of we have already credited your account. It was crazy. I feel I could work for the team and knock out like 50 tickets in an hour because usually the problems are quite simple and they are the ones that complicate it. Good luck!

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@MerSadie 

I have just decided to accept defeat and move keep it moving. I have exchanged three email messages with I don't Care Team members. Each time explaining, I am not requesting cash back on the offer I redeemed, I am asking for the 5 missing credits towards the WWB to be applied.  My proof for this is the 14 offers I have received rebates for.  It one of those situations where you say brother duck it.  I have additional offers to redeem which will fulfill my WWB.  So, by the time a live person reads my request I would have already redeemed the required number of offers for WWB bonus and they will most likely respond with some crazy off the wall explanation.  

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@OBSHOP 

Your email from ibotta should clearly state how many times an offer was redeemed for each item..  That should clearly tell you where the discrepancies are coming from.  When an offer has been redeemed 3 times, the email shows an X3.  

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes