cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY BONUS TRACKING IS WAY OFF

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I've had this happen before, but this week is just an absolute mess.  I KNOW I have 17 of 18 items for my $5 WW but I'm only tracking at 11.  (Yes I have screenshots of everything.)  I am showing the earnings, but not the offers.  I know @LaraL said that they don't have a way of correcting this yet.  I don't really want to buy 7 more items (Even though I know it will go against the Grand Slam bonus of which I need 40/$10. and I don't want to go through the hassle of opening a ticket if I can avoid that.

37 Replies

Re: MY BONUS TRACKING IS WAY OFF

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

So frustrating! The planning and shopping to meet the bonus requirements is hard enough. Your earnings history along with your screenshots will prove your offer counts.  If you discover a resolution without submitting a ticket, let us know.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Be-Bop-A-Lula  I really haven't "chased" a bonus in a while and because I was pretty close yesterday (and had a bunch of "anys"), I figured I would go for it - but needing 7 more for $5 is a lot different than needing 1 more for $5.  I guess I'll have to submit a ticket - I don't see any other way around it (and hopefully I will buy 1 item today).

limsy
Rewards Guide

All of a sudden Ibotta started to work incorrectly about one month ago - longer wait time to get a credit, poor tracking (just doesn't recognize all offers in receipts), rejecting  almost all "ANY BRAND" offers, completely out of normal calculation of completed offers for bonuses.

Now I get credits for offers, even get bonus itself and still see that I have to complete a few more offers to get a bonus.

And my bonus offers disappear with still incorrect digits like " you completed 7 of 10 offers"

Something is wrong with programming I guess...

What-Shot
Super Saver

Grrrr....hate it when that happens!

Typically, the first thing I try is to delete the cache. It's surprising how often that simple task has corrected some of the errors such as you described. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I noticed the numbers under the bonus were not getting updated, but I assumed it was just not refreshing.  I counted the offers and knew I had more offers.

But I kept going.  When I reached the level I thought I should have to complete the bonus, Ibotta gave me the bonus.

In my case, the app simply was not updating the counts, but Ibotta had the right number.  This may not be your problem.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I'm hoping it kicks over today when I do 1 more 

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

My husband had a referral, he got an email and Ibotta showed the activity under the bell, it added the credit to lifetime, but still doesn’t show it as an activity action. After counting up the cash out amounts and what was left, we finally saw that they had credited for it, but not seeing that line item there is just odd and can be very confusing.

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

@limsy was on the right track. How many feel that Ibotta should just shut down, fire all the IT personnel, hire new IT that actually know what they are doing, and start over? I think the Ibotta programming has become so bloated that it just doesn't operate correctly anymore. Like MS Windows, when you have to do so many updates, it just becomes a royal mess requiring even more updates which makes it even worse. I've never seen so many complaints about being locked out, credits not tallying correctly, and bonuses not being credited correctly. Not exactly the epitome of great customer service, is it?

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

@Aangsparks  I’m going to guess they are doing agile development and not waterfall. Agile is the new ‘it’ thing to do. Companies think it’s great, but I hate it as a user. Don’t know how much you know about IT development, but agile is when they role things out at the minimum viable product without enough time for testing and if something isn’t perfect they resolve it on the next update. Microsoft is doing it to now. Waterfall is the type of development they all use to do, big releases, lots of time in between updates and a great deal of testing.