cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery Bonus 4 Browser Extension

Saving4Fun

Oooh, la, la... anyone else receive this mystery bonus? I rarely turn on my laptop and can’t imagine I’d use this extension, but I’m gonna try my best to get it to install on that dusty, old thing. Just wondering how many offers are needed to get the bonus.

01F3D000-241C-4EDE-9590-401B28E26855.png

8 Replies

Re: Mystery Bonus 4 Browser Extension

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I have the offer also, but I dont like to upload any browser extensions as I have a home based business.  If I had a "dusty old laptop" I'd probably give it a try too.

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@Saving4Fun   Yup,but I  haven’t decided to install. I’m “ shopped out” right now

Saving4Fun

@FelskyNY @Icequeen813 

From what I read in the user agreement, Ibotta has full access to anything accessed while the extension is active. It actually launches a browser within your browser, very similar to a Remote Desktop, if you’re familiar with that. If I had business files on my laptop, I would’ve been more hesitant because I’m not sure if they’re only accessing your activity within the extension, or if they’re able to go beyond that. As for the bonus, just need to claim one offer, which can be via the extension or the app. I was surprised by the number of retailers and manufacturers available for cash back. Even the manufacturer of my running socks is on there with 5% back. I save much more than 5% with offers I get via email and order directly thru their website, but worth keeping my eyes on it for a promotion. 

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Saving4Fun  I agree - not running a remote desktop while I'm doing HIPAA work (sorry that is a big NO NO)

Jenno311
Rewards Hunter

I was wondering about downloading. Glad I read into this. I had no idea the access it gave Ibotta.

0 Likes

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

I’m “not chasing this” one.

0 Likes

ginger1
Deal Sharer
  • I downloaded it and did one offer and when I get my credit for the offer, I'm taking it off of my computer. I don't do much online shopping.
0 Likes

Amarch17th
Rewards Hunter

Pretty frustrated this extension bonus has not paid me, after I followed the instructions..

0 Likes