cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Purchases

Cms
Shopper

Online purchases through Ibotta (like Macy’s or Chewy’s) should give credit(s) for the Bonus going on for that timeframe.  Sure you get a percentage back but your also not using Rakuten which I find sometimes is the better deal.  I say “Sweeten the incentive” to continue using Ibotta as a one stop does all app.  Just my opinion!

0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Online Purchases

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Cms  Read rules on Macy’s I bought few items tonight & last week… many items were special deals& therefore don’t qualify for Ibotta rebates 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Cms 

They do..  Remember that the order must complete, meaning picked up or delivered before the bonus expiration.

Linky to ibotta article:

https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002866288-Do-Online-Shopping-offers-count-towards-my-bo...

Also embeddded below:

Do Online Shopping offers count towards my bonus?

Yes, but your Online Shopping order must first be completed and awarded to your Ibotta account.

The related bonuses on your account will not reflect the Online Shopping cash back until the offer status changes from pending to complete. For information on how long your order will remain pending on Ibotta, please view the offer details in the app.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

I’m still waiting for Macy’s online purchases rebates. No help from Care Team.Anyone still waiting?

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

@Rickibotta wrote: "Remember that the order must complete, meaning picked up or delivered before the bonus expiration."

I don't think this is correct.  It was my understanding that bonuses (except Walmart) are based on when they were ordered, not when they are picked up or delivered. Therefore, if you order something from Macy's and you only needed one more to get a bonus, you should still earn the bonus even if the bonus expired before the pending period was over, picked up or delivered.

For Walmart, Ibotta says that you will earn the count towards bonuses as of when it is picked up or delivered.  If the bonus expires before you get your order, it won't count towards the bonus.  However, it would count towards any bonuses you have at the time of pickup or delivery.

Personally, I don't count ANY online order towards bonuses.  Just too difficult to keep track of.  I always try to make sure I complete the bonuses with in-store purchases.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

I never said anything about pend time. I said picked up or delivered.  When @LaraL was out another ibotta employee pointed to the article  I linked above, and they said what I reiterated..

Remember they said it was a recent change, and you were rather upset they would make changes like that without telling us in advance.   

I said at the time that it seemed a lot of people would make purchases the last night of an offer, and we would certainly hear them complaining. And another forum person said this was in fact true.

Maybe @LaraL can shed some light on this. Ci can't find the thread in question. Vi swore it was @Mary22 but I looked thru her posts,, and I can't find it.  So maybe it was a different ibotta worker.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Sorry can I get a direct question that you're asking? I'm kinda distracted with outage-related items.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@LaraL 

I am distracted too.  I can't get any fat food app order.  This can hold until the morrow.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

@Rickibotta 

I remember the thread about Walmart.  I guess I thought it was only for Walmart.  If ALL online orders for ALL retailers no longer use the order date for bonuses, then this is a major change.

As you said, some people may make a purchase online, hoping to have it count towards a current bonus, only to be disappointed.  

I make a few online orders with Ibotta, but I don't assume it will count towards any bonus since I have no idea what date is used. 

0 Likes