cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Returns impact on account

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

Happy holidays.  Newbie here.  I think I read somewhere that if you return anything on a receipt all the offer credits on that receipt will be reversed.  Is this true.  I hate to be ding by actually buying the stuff to have all my offers reverse even though they were valid.  This would be sad for me especially I tried so hard to make the challenge.  My fault for not returning all the items and repurchasing.

What happens in this scenario

1) I buy 4 offer items and 1 non offer item.  

2) I return only 1 offer item before submission

3) I submit for 3 offers and not for one that was returned and got paid and get a bonus challenge based on exact # of offers needed

If each offer is $1 and the challenge is $5 do I lose

a) reverse $4 offers + $5 challenge even though only summited for 3 

b) reverse $3 offers +$5 challenge

c) reverse $1 offer for the item that was returned but never claimed and $5 because they remove the offer count even though I never submitted the offer.

d) other amount without the $5 challenge removed

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Returns impact on account

Dana
Deal Expert

Yes if you return anything you will get reversals of everything you went for. That's why I always do my ibotta items on a separate transaction I know I will not return those items.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

Yes if you return anything you will get reversals of everything you went for. That's why I always do my ibotta items on a separate transaction I know I will not return those items.

Solved! Go to solution

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

Thanks.  I guess I won't be able to meet the challenge I did 3 offers to meet it. I hope they don't reverse more then I actually submitted and got credit for.  This so sad. I guess I'll eat one of them and return the other 2 when I see the reversal.  So you know how long it takes for them to reverse the transaction.  I assume they are looking at that particular receipt.  I should have known better. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

It's different times for everyone. If you need only a few items to meet a bonus buy a gift card

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

Thanks I'm trying to make sure I follow the rules that are slightly vauge to me because I don't want to lose the account for doing something silly.  Since it's Christmas if returning any item will invalid all the offers I can't find anything really to redeem since stores are closed at least the one I go to get most of stuff.  Shouldn't have even attempted the challenge if this would be the result.  Although I did buy new stuff I never bought before but they are stuff I don't really need or want but to try since they meet the offer.

I wonder if i will lose my account for returning the items if I don't get credit or amt is reversed from them incorrectly even though the offer is valid.  How will you know you are ban I don't want to make purchases building up a balance to find out I'm locked out in future breaking a rule.  It's hard to know until you redeem.    

Thanks for all your responses and happy holidays.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

You'll know you're locked you won't be able to cash out at all. If you do get locked just put in a ticket then they'll unlock you in about a week or more since people put in tickets for every little thing.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

OhValencia
Rewards Hunter

That depends on the store you made the purchase at.

Let’s say you make a purchase at Joanne. Then Yes, it’s going to come off your balance even if you don’t have a balance (meaning it will drop you negative). 

Let’s say you make a return at your local grocery store, and don’t use a rewards program in conjunction with your Ibotta account. In this scenario you likely won’t get dinged for the return. 

My experience with returns is approximately a year old, so it could be different now. Best advice I can give is don’t try to get something you’re not entitled to. 

Solved! Go to solution

OhValencia
Rewards Hunter

Seriously? You do all of your Ibotta transactions in a separate transaction? How much time do you spend at the store? 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

@OhValencia  yes I do my ibotta in a separate transaction so I do not have a 3ft receipt to scan. I do not spend any time in the store. I shop at shoprite where they do pickup it's called shoprite from home. I place my orders and my husband picks them up after he gets out of work. I haven't been in a store in years.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

I made sure I did not submit the offer for the item that I returned.  I actually removed it even though it showed up verified since I know it was returned and I should not get credit for it whick is following the rule. Actually they paid me 10 cents less then the amount I paid for the item but I factor them reducing it by the bag cost discount I got.

Also the receipt was submitted after I made the return.  So hopefully I don't get any of my offers reversed and the receipt is viewed by them as complete including returns at submission time and returns after the submission is what they look at.  I'm looking at the rule closely and it can somewhat read that way or intended that way since the return was cause by the cashier incorrect charge on the bill because a coupon was accidentally removed and not my intent to return, to me it was a correction.  I rarely do returns.  I buy duplicate items by accident and don't even return.

0 Likes