cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rising Star Bonus

RCKCreatEnt
Super Saver

@Reillysmom523 

look at it this way. Honest 2 goodness, this actually happened, for much of spring and summer LY Ibotta offered a quarter cash back for Butterfinger with a maximum credit of 5 units a transaction, ergo $1.25 maximum cash back.  BTW Walmart was the only place where you could partake of this deal, but anyway Butterfinger is just 88 cents apiece there. Ditto all that for Baby Ruth bars for a shorter engagement just last fall, but that's just another story for another day.

Anyway let's say you're just starting out with Ibotta and all you do your first month is partake of the exclusive at Walmart Butterfinger offer every day the offer is available to you.  In the real world most offers become available again a minimum of 2 days after completion, but just for the sake of illustration let's get goofy.  

Let's say you're just starting with Ibotta and EVERY DAY for the next 30 days the Walmart Butterfinger deal is available.  Remember Butterfinger is 88 cents apiece at Walmart and you get a quarter cash back with a maximum allowable 5 units a transaction so your first Ibotta deal you buy 5 Butterfinger bars at Walmart.  You spent $4.40 and get $1.25. 

Now let's say you get to do the same thing over again daily for the next 30 days like rinse and repeat.  Over 31 days you would have spent $86.40 with $48.85 cash back from Ibotta.  

Could you then imagine having a buddy doing the very same thing YOU'RE doing at the very same time to earn Ibotta cash back but he didn't have Ibotta or any other cash back app?  Your buddy merely SPENT $86.40 but you INVESTED that same amount and got $48.85

•  
    •  

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Super Saver

@poeticmuse Sorry to hear about that, apparently it's rather random on the part of Ibotta

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Super Saver

@Amcglothen99 there's probably a tacit hidden surprise incentive on the other side

0 Likes

Lorr
Rewards Guide

Lol well guess I’m not in the in crowd—figures, I wasn’t popular in high school either 😂

I’m fine with this though, I was going to start cutting back and take a break for a few months and this would just keep me glued to checking offers. 

0 Likes

Ljackson
Shopper

I'm more than halfway to mine so far.  You have until May 1st and all the items from other bonuses count for this one too.  So kind of double dipping.

RCKCreatEnt
Super Saver

@Ljackson I think I'm almost a third of the way

0 Likes

AlaneO
Deal Sharer

I agree. I combined the the Cash Back Bouquet offer this weekend and now 1/2 way done already. I did stop myself from buying anymore because I want to wait to combine it with the next substantial bonus, hopefully next weekend. 

Save80cold
Deal Sharer

I thought maybe it was just me that had to get 110 offers, but glad to see everyone is in the same boat.. it is a lot, but I am up for the challenge..