cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Shamrock bonus

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@dramaspoiler I agree with you that the offer redemptions required to complete bonuses is higher if you use ibotta more on average within a given timeframe and  relative to other users.

Within that framework however (whether right or wrong), calculations are made involving many dynamic and highly complex variables... i.e. an algorithm. As such, we have no hope, as mere mortals, to ever figure it out... Though we can certainly try and have fun doing it!

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Gemini345 

Bonuses are like a box of chocolates and are random depending on the user's shopping activity.  

OBSHOP_0-1647141338708.jpeg

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

@Francoise I agree us mortals will never really figure out the complex algorithms they use to determine out our bonuses.  But it is sometimes fun to feel you got close although I still never figure it out exactly nor can you do anything about it .  But in the process of listing out the detail I did find out certain patterns that help me determine/ be a better shopper then when I first shopped.  I have actually been able to project offers that appear in the future or see it when I look back at the info/data.  Not like I buy the stuff but it was interesting and I'm sure the ones that actively use Ibotta notices also and use it to their advantage since they better at it to plan ahead enough.

Bonus are just extras that make the deal sweeter which some folks don't realize and make a mistake of actually chasing a bonus when they in fact should not do just for the sake of completing. That was me in the beginning and occasionally when I don't step back and remember the real objective.

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

Boy, don't I feel lucky. Mine is $7 for 10 offers. Of course, I've been away from Ibotta for a few weeks, so maybe this is just an enticement to get back in the fold. The problem right now is that there seems to be a dearth of any good offers. The majority of the Wal-Mart and Kroger deals are for items I would never purchase. Anyone else feel the same pain?

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Aangsparks   Yup, Ibotta is wooing you back to the fold! Not an active user since you joined?

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@dramaspoiler I Agree!

gjpena83
Deal Sharer

Same $10/40

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

☘️ Bonus completed!!!

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@Aangsparks Ten offers may be a lot when there doesn't seem to be anything you want, but believe me, the number adds up fast, especially if you do these things:

• Peruse "ANY" offers for all the stores you do or can shop. They do vary among stores.
  • Try something new you wouldn't normally buy, but think you might end up liking. This idea is at the heart of ibotta's existence.
  • Consider offers that you can afford, cost close to nothing, or are free that you could give away to a friend or family or add to a box for the next food drive. Think canned beans or boxed pasta. etc.
  • Check the "Deals" forum in this community often where folks like you and me post deals involving ibotta, etc.
  • Buy gift cards in the smallest denomination allowed for the stores you regularly shop, if available. (I like to buy Walmart gcs for $5 each.) You can use your ibotta balance or a linked bank card to pay for them. Each one you purchase adds to your bonus count and you can use any or all that you've purchased to pay for your order (either right then or the next time you're at the store).

If I didn't use these ibotta "tricks" I'd have a tough time reaching bonuses. I hope these ideas are useful to you!

This list is by no means exhaustive, so I hope others will chime in with ideas I'm sure I've missed.

🍀 Shamrock Bonus 411

Saipan
Deal Expert

In case anyone needed the 411 on the 🍀 Shamrock Bonus, I have it:

Screenshot_20220316-181745_Microsoft Launcher.jpg

0 Likes