Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

shouldn't I get the bonus?

thesmiths2
Shopper
Spoiler
I purchased everything I needed to get the bonus, but scanned an hour late

I purchased everything I needed to get the bonus, but scanned an hour late. There was a $5.00 bonus that expired a couple of days ago at 10:59pm. I realized I was really close to enough purchases, as I only needed 2 more "unique purchases". I had to go to 3 stores to find 2 of the 7 items I was wanting to buy. Most stores didn't have the items the app told me they did. As my receipt shows, I completed purchasing the items several hours before the deadline. I got home so late that I forgot to scan the receipt until 1 hour and 15 minutes after it expired. Had the stores carried the items the app said did, I would have never had to keep running around at night to find them.

Since the time shows I made the purchases in time, I think, at least 1 time, I should be given the bonus. Help???

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: shouldn't I get the bonus?

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@thesmiths2 

I believe they will honor the bonus, but you will need to clearly and concisely explain what you are owed.

something like:   I am owed $5 for the BlahBlah bonus.  I had completed 13 of the 15 required offers as of this morning, and I then purchased 3 items on the attached Target receipt tonight prior to bonus expiration.  This would increase the number of offers completed to 16.  Although all purchases were complete prior to the expiration of the bonus, I submitted the receipt a few hours after the expiration.  Please credit my account the $5 for my completion of the BlahBlah bonus.

As an objective outsider to your situation, I find it unnecessary to go thru all the details about why you did not get it there in time and the complaining about none of the stores having items in stock,   I see no way that it bolsters your case, and ibotta is always very good about granting monies when deserved anyway.   I usually don't begin whining and asking for a one-time courtesy credit only after not getting what I have asked for.  Best of luck.  I am sure they will help you out.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@thesmiths2 

I believe they will honor the bonus, but you will need to clearly and concisely explain what you are owed.

something like:   I am owed $5 for the BlahBlah bonus.  I had completed 13 of the 15 required offers as of this morning, and I then purchased 3 items on the attached Target receipt tonight prior to bonus expiration.  This would increase the number of offers completed to 16.  Although all purchases were complete prior to the expiration of the bonus, I submitted the receipt a few hours after the expiration.  Please credit my account the $5 for my completion of the BlahBlah bonus.

As an objective outsider to your situation, I find it unnecessary to go thru all the details about why you did not get it there in time and the complaining about none of the stores having items in stock,   I see no way that it bolsters your case, and ibotta is always very good about granting monies when deserved anyway.   I usually don't begin whining and asking for a one-time courtesy credit only after not getting what I have asked for.  Best of luck.  I am sure they will help you out.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Deal Master

Yes, this time you should get bonus,, however in the future take responsibility for execution of your shopping in a more timely manner 

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@thesmiths2 

I almost said similar to what IQ did above.  You really should submit receipts prior to bonus expiration going forward.  Imagine if 5,000 people all did this and all had to open up tickets.  It really just clutters up things that could have been avoided.   

You also can purchase GCs within ibotta that count towards bonuses and many people do that when necessary to complete bonus terms.

Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

Here is another suggestion:

Scan your receipt while you are still in the store.

I usually will do this for a couple of reasons.  First, I have had offers expire or get pulled before I get home.  Second, I don't have to worry if I scanned everything when I get home.  In addition, if the offers are pending for an hour or two, they have usually processed by the time I have gotten home.

Solved! Go to solution

thesmiths2
Shopper

Thanks for all of the feedback. Smart idea to scan while in the store!

Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@thesmiths2  Did you get your bonus?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

thesmiths2
Shopper

YES! No questions asked. 🙂  Thanks so much for your post!