cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

So Many Bonuses, So Few Worthwhile

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

Right now I have 122 available bonuses. However, there are only 2 that I have any interest in fulfilling. With all the receipts I've uploaded, you'd think the IBOTTA system would know what I buy routinely. Why give me so many worthless bonuses? This is a waste of their server space and a waste of my time looking through so many available bonuses to find the one or two I have any hope of fulfilling. 

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: So Many Bonuses, So Few Worthwhile

Dana
Deal Expert

You're talking about the product bonuses right? Scott, keebler, kraft etc? Those are not from ibotta they are from the companies and everyone gets those but not everyone gets them ex if you click on 1 and you do not see the items that are for them then that bonus is not available to you. They go to everyone because that's what the companies want.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

You're talking about the product bonuses right? Scott, keebler, kraft etc? Those are not from ibotta they are from the companies and everyone gets those but not everyone gets them ex if you click on 1 and you do not see the items that are for them then that bonus is not available to you. They go to everyone because that's what the companies want.

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Aangsparks  Funny, most people complain there aren't enough offers, not that there are too many.  You must be VERY brand loyal if you can't find anything worthwhile.  The whole idea of coupons and sites like Ibotta is customer acquisition.  To entice someone to try a product they don't usually buy by giving them a discount or a free offer.   I don't eat energy bars, but because they are free, I do eat them now or I share them with friends and family.  I tried Clio bars (Yogurt) free and absolutely love them and now I buy them even though I'm only getting .25 back on 2 or even w/o an Ibotta offer.  There are plenty of detergent deals etc. I've tried various creamers even though I generally use milk, but find that I really like Fairlife creamer and plan on buying Chobani creamer today.  I bough popchips instead of potato chips and they were a big hit.  I am trying Kensington ketchup today because it comes out free at Shoprite (even though we only buy Heinz). Maybe broaden your expectations and you'll be surprised. And lastly, there are many of food banks, churches, temples etc. that would greatly appreciate anything you can donate including HABAs that can be bought for free or pennies. 

Solved! Go to solution

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

Dana, yes, the actual product bonuses are what I'm asking about. Thank you for your explanation. I can easily fulfill the monthly level bonuses, but it would be nice to complete some actual product bonuses along the way. I'll be patient for the time being and hope more bonuses I can actually fulfill come my way. Thanks again.

Solved! Go to solution

Bitcoin1hillbil
Shopper

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Juvmaro
Deal Sharer

I pick up everything that's free or available for pennies whether I use the product or not.  Anything that I do not use or not interested in, I simply donate to the local Community Storehouse.  It's a win win.  I get the bonuses and families who are struggling get product.  In the past 2 months, I've gone into overdrive and must have donated at least 4 times.  I have another box that I'm dropping off this week.  

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Juvmaro  I get it - it feels great - I'm putting together a package myself to drop off.  There are boxes for Island Harvest outside Shoprite so I'm going to take a ride over there to drop off a bunch of HABA.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Mashoren
Deal Sharer

If only there  were more people like you in the world. We should all try a little more giving and a lot less complaining especially this time of year and this year in particular. Let’s all be grateful that we have the ability to purchase items at all! 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Mashoren  It's not hard to be kind.  I lost my dad a few years ago who was one of the kindest, sweetest men I know.  I hope my sons grow up to be like him.  He always believed in "paying it forward", doing a good deed or a "mitzvah".  So whenever I do something kind, I think of him.  I went to the PO this AM to mail my son a package, and I saw my neighbor.  She had 2 letters that had to go out (but no stamps).  So I mailed them for her.  That's my "mitzvah" for today.  Big or small, it's the thought that counts and Dad is looking down and smiling.  

Solved! Go to solution

Juvmaro
Deal Sharer

Here's an example from my Walmart trip.  These Royal rice are priced at $1.88.  Ibotta has a $1.50 rebate for each one (counts as 2 separate offers).  I do not eat this brand so I will likely donate.  Yes, I will be out of pocket .76 cents, but someone will make a meal of these and I will work my way to the bonus.

0 Likes