cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Text Alerts-TracFone

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

So apparently TracFone does not participate in the Ibotta text alerts and therefore I do not receive any.  If I have my son, who is on Verizon but not on Ibotta, sign up for these alerts, will my account get locked for doing so? Thank you in advance for your replies.

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Text Alerts-TracFone

Dana
Deal Expert

you have to sign up with the number you use for ibotta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

you have to sign up with the number you use for ibotta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

Oh. Ok. Sad that TracFone won't allow these text alerts. Lot of us older folks use the less expensive pay-as-you-go type phones. I'll just keep hoping that these alerts are allowed sometime in the near future. Thanks.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

So in reading the texts here in the community forum, I see that I am not the only one not receiving the bonus text messages from Ibotta. Maybe this is something that Scotty or another bigwig can look in to. I was lucky enough to receive and fulfill the Fireplace bonus today only by sheer luck in seeing a previous message here in the forum. But, I would really like to be able to get these text messages the standard way. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

@Aangsparks  it wasn't a text bonus you had to text the answer when you got the clue on instagram or email.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

Ok. Thanks.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

You're welcome

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

But to reiterate, I am signed up for Ibotta text alerts through my phone number. I do not receive any of these alerts even though the signup form states I should receive up to 7 text alerts each month. I would like to hear from others not receiving these alerts also. Also, I would like to hear from a core user as to why I might not be receiving these text alerts. I can understand if TracFone is not on the Ibotta text alerts system, but others here have also complained about not receiving these alerts. Can someone verify that TracFone is not on the Ibotta text alerts system? 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Janet1964
Super Saver

@Aangsparks 

I too signed up for text alerts and I have an iPhone. I also get numerous emails every day, but nothing on these bonuses. I also follow all the Ibotta pages on Facebook, but am not allowed to check Facebook during the day while at work. I can answer texts bc they are on silent. I too learned about the bonuses on this forum, but within 1 hr of them being posted, I respond via text with the answer and am told I am too late all 3 times. Obviously, Ibotta sends the clues during the day through Facebook or Instagram (I dont do Instagram) but I have never received via email or text. It sounds like they were great opportunities- a lot of cash for very few offers. I sent Scotty a message telling him my dilemma- try that. It might do some good. I did get a message saying investigating.