cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The more I use Ibotta, the harder and cheaper the bonuses become

Dannyv
Shopper

Anyone else notice that the more you use ibotta the worse the bonuses become? I used to match like 5-8 a week and get paid $3-5 now it’s asking that I match 12-15 offers for $1-3

i know others who use Ibotta less often and get better bonuses during the same timeframes. You should be getting better rewards for being a loyal user not worse. Begging to wonder if it’s worth the effort anymore.

Labels (3)
16 Replies

Re: The more I use Ibotta, the harder and cheaper the bonuses become

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

@Dannyv 

From what I’ve read on this board, the bonus’ are random (not sure about that, though).  $1 for 10-15 items is insulting.  Also, people who have been loyal app users for years don’t even get the full super bowl items unless they refer someone?  Not a good call to not reward the users who have been loyal and put up with one malfunction after another for months on end.  Disappointing to say the least….

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Dannyv  Not true . Ibotta uses an algorithm on spending habits.We all get our share of $1/10,$3/15,I have used Ibotta for 4 years  have saved nearly 6K !

PykoMom
Deal Sharer

Sometimes it may seem that way but it is random. Test out laying off for a week and see if you get better offers. Sometimes it seems that way and other times it doesn’t. I look at it as a challenge and a puzzle of how to get the best deal at the net level. So to me always worth it!  So many are missing out so hang in there and enjoy the journey!

02JEEPX
Saver

4hrs and saved $6k lol,  did you mean 4 years ?  If not please start doing all my shopping   

02JEEPX
Saver

I agree, I’ve thought the same thing but it’s in the algorithm.  I pushed through a month after starting strong and looking like I was starting To waste my time and last week of the month I got bonuses that helped me finish with the best month ever for cash back. 

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@02JEEPX  Thanks, edited!

Jc49004
Saver

They become more chincier since covid there's nowhere near the offers and like any brand offers they used to be $0.50 75 cents a dollar and now they're always $0.10

0 Likes

cheryl_123
Core Shopper

@PykoMom I like your analogy of Ibotta (and couponing) being like a puzzle. I think that's why I keep doing it! 

As for experiencing diminishing returns the more Ibotta is used, I feel that way too sometimes. Whenever that happens I lay off it for a bit. I take it as an indicator that I'm full up on stuff, and I need to work through my accumulated items. Whenever I come back I'm pleasantly surprised with the new offers.

Francoise
Skilled Saver

Bonuses are partly about intermittent rewards, which, like gambling, keep people engaged... for better or for worse... also like gambling... hmmm🤔

@Jc49004 I remember when any item offers were for 10 cents AND didn't apply toward bonuses. They seemed pointless then. They're still only 10 cents but I appreciate them now.