cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Waiting for Monday to shop?

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@mmoore01 i wanted to ask you this as it seems you shop at walgreens alot...I picked up a few things there the other day and I ended up with a receipt coupon that I can redeem for $6 on a spend of $25. Do they go by gross or net $25? There are a few things I'd like to get that I have paper coupons on so wanted to know that first. I asked the cashier but she had no idea what I was trying to ask.

0 Likes

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@FelskyNY @Janet1964 I was about to put out an APB on @Janet1964 and @Rickibotta as hadn't seen any posts from either in a bit it seems. Good to see you appear in these posts Janet! 

Janet1964
Super Saver

@Donna2 

I am here. I just haven’t had time to put up a status on my latest hauls. I was trying to finish up the christmas shopping for the angels. I finished on Saturday and now I have to gift wrap everything to deliver to the families by the end of this week. I should post soon.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Janet1964 @Donna2 I agree, I usually shop with 1 friend who also does Ibotta.  We are generally on the same page, we do a lot of the same deals at Walmart and CVS.  Anyone else tagging along can **bleep** up the mojo.   If I have to explain WHY I need to buy 2 of an item, then just stay home.

@Donna2  I love how you are helping others.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

@Donna2 

The $6 on $25 can be a great deal.  Walgreens coupons are subtracted from the total, but not manufacturer coupons.

If you have a lot of manufacturer coupons, you could walk out with very little out of pocket and still make the $25 limit.

Unless you have a different coupon, I suspect you will earn $6.00 in Walgreens cash for another trip.  Walgreens has been toying with deals where you get money off of your current trip, so I wasn't sure.

If you are earning $6 in Walgreens Cash, don't use Walgreens Cash on this trip.  It will be subtracted from your total and you might go below the $25 threshold.

Hope that helps.

Janet1964
Super Saver

@Donna2 It really depends on the location. I have found 2 Walgreens near me that will give you a hard time about using coupons. Some others are very friendly and will help you. Example, They had my dog food on sale. It was regularly $7.99 each and it was on sale 2/$10. I wanted to buy 4 bc they were small bags and I have 2 dogs. Anyway, I had 4 mfr coupons and I bought 4 bags. The coupon clearly stated that no more than 4 like coupons could be used on the same day. So when I was checking out, I gave her my coupons first. She told me that I could only use 1 coupon. She said it was 1 coupon per purchase. I explained that I was making 4 purchases and showed her 4 like coupons in same day printed on each coupon.  She called the manager and she agreed that I could only use 1 coupon. She stated they were cutting down on couponers abusing the system. Needless to say, I no longer frequent that location! After I got home, I noticed that bc I didn’t get 2 bags, I was charged regular price! I went straight to Walmart and used the other 3 coupons on 3 bags of the same dog food that day. I don’t see why they give you a hard time, the store is reimbursed the value of the coupon by the mfr.

at CVS the other day, I got my makeup. The deal was $6 extracare bucks when you spend $18. I also had 2 coupons for $2 each off makeup. I had planned to get 2 bottles, but they only had 1 bottle of the one I regularly use in stock (and it was on sale) so I had to  choose another kind at a higher price to add to it to make $18. But after using the 2 coupons, it would only be $14. So I asked the clerk if I would still get the $6 back after applying the two coupons - he said he thought so. So I did it as a separate transaction and it worked!! 

my advice is to ask first.

0 Likes

Glammy

I confess that I am waiting...... 😉

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

If I don't get what I believe I should be able to with coupons, I just say no.  I get the manager and if they won't do it, I tell them I don't want it.  I can go other places and get a better deal.  If I get charged the wrong price, I get it refunded or take it back.

I realize that not every area of the country can do this right now. But I am the customer and I feel I don't have to buy if I am not happy.

I have talked with Walgreens Customer Service several times and they are very supportive.  Usually, they fix the problem by giving Walmart Cash for the difference.

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

If we all wait until Monday to shop, doesn't that just make Monday the new Saturday?

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Aangsparks  I think Thursday is the new Saturday because that's generally when the weekend warrior comes out, unless it's CVS then Sunday is the new Saturday.  It varies, CO51 offers come out Wed midnight or Thurs AM, so the new Saturday is actually Thursday AM - it is all in the perspective.