cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHO DID NOT GET A TEXT NOTIFICATION BUT IS SIGNED UP FOR TEXT ALERTS???

FelskyNY
Deal Master

Please only answer if you are SIGNED UP FOR TEXT NOTIFICATIONS and DID NOT GET THE TEXT NOTIFICATION FOR THIS BONUS.

Please, Let's try to keep this short and sweet

I did not get the text notification for basket or peeps, but I did text in the correct answer and got the bonus.

Any other discussions regarding the PEEPS bonus should go in the other chain.

Thanks!

24 Replies

Re: Easter Bonus - 4/2/21

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Ok so apparently this can occur if the phone number registered to your account is no longer accurate. We can fix this via a support ticket, they can effectively cycle out the old number and that should resolve it.

Re: Easter Bonus - 4/2/21

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@LaraL  That doesn't really seem accurate, because although I DONT get the texts, when I text the answer in, I do get the bonus to my account.

DONT RESPOND HERE I'M GOING TO START A CHAIN

Re: WHO DID NOT GET A TEXT NOTIFICATION BUT IS SIGNED UP FOR TEXT ALERTS???

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

My understanding is that neither bonus was sent via text.  Only an email was sent out back last week.  Nobody got the text messages because none were sent out.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@mmoore01  That's not what I'm seeing on Instagram. People are posting screenshots of text notifications

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

Well, then, add my name to the list.  I only got 3 text messages from Ibotta in March, none in April so far.

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

I saw a post on the Facebook page that appeared to be from Ibotta that said the Basket bonus clue was NOT sent via text. 

There was a post on Facebook (which I found today) with the clue for the Basket. 

There was also a post from Ibotta that said the second bonus would be today (4/2) and would be posted on the Ibotta Community, which it was. 

There was no mention of a text message.

I don't have an Instagram account, so don't know what was sent there.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@mmoore01  I'm sorry. You are right. The IG posts are the confirmation texts, after the bonus was received

elamb88
Rewards Guide

🙋🏻‍♀️ I am happily not on any social media so I rely solely on text and email notifications - both of which I’m enrolled in - and neither which I received today. 

redwyne
Deal Sharer

The bonuses were social media bonuses. The first one you got the clue on Facebook & the second here.

a text was sent like the email telling people a bonus was coming... not everyone got that BUT no one was text the clue. That seems to be the mix up. 

sometimes they do Twitter bonuses, or Facebook or instagram or this message board... if you don’t “do” social media you won’t see them and that’s okay. 

0 Likes