cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who missed the bonus?

SaverGirl67

I was at work - yep I work full time and use Ibotta (people actually do that) and completely missed the opportunity to get the bonus.

It’s a bummer but not the end of the world - but it does send a very loud message that if you’re busy during the workday you are NOT Ibotta’s target audience. And this makes me kinda sad 😞 

14 Replies

Re: Who missed the bonus?

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67  I'm so sorry you missed the bonus.  Thankfully I work from home (for 23 years) so I have the comfort of popping in and out, and I was able to catch it at the right time.

SaverGirl67

Happy you got it!  😎

Queenofgreen24
Shopper

I missed it? I never received an email or text and have been checking the site frequently. 

TlsKim
Saver

Me. I missed the bonus also. I work long hours away from my phone and computer. 
 😞 

OBSHOP
Deal Expert

I don't do FB or any other type social media.  I did receive the initial message via email.  Never did receive a message with the clue.  I was at the lake fishing when all the excitement started.  I was looking forward to stacking bonuses this weekend and completing level 4 I need 7 more items.  Guess I wait for the next MWMM. Y'all stay safe. 

"I would rather have and not need than need and not have"

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

I've been a Facebook dropout for 3.5+ years, and it sounds like I need an active FB account for this bonus

Clemmyg
Shopper

I had no problem accessing the Facebook page without having a profile myself, I just had to check every hour for updates 😅

Janet1964
Super Saver

@SaverGirl67 I missed the bonus also. I was very busy at work and got there too late. 😞

personabuena
Rewards Hunter

I missed it too 😔. Wonder why ibotta chose to do the bonus this way. If it's to drive more people to their FB page, it's probably not THAT successful since folks share the answer here (& maybe even other similar sites?) so they don't even need to go to FB to look for the clue. Maybe they make money from people texting them? 🤔

Plus, the "instructions" seemed to have confused some folks. You had to sign up to receive texts & alerts from Ibotta, which I think some people thought meant ibotta was going to text people the clue, when really you just needed to be signed up so once you saw & figured out the clue on FB, you could then text in the clue to get the bonus.

Not to be a sourpuss (esp. over $3) but seems like something like this just breeds discontent... Maybe ibotta should just stick to randomly surprising people with a MWMM or WW. Seems like less work for them! That said, I'll still try for the 2nd bonus whenever that gets released! 😅