cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Ibotta w/out a smart phone? Can I use it if I only have a computer?

mapumba
Rewards Hunter

I only have a computer.  I do not have a smart phone.  Can I use Ibotta if I don't have a smart phone?

7 Replies

Re: Can I use Ibotta w/out a smart phone? Can I use it if I only have a computer?

Dean

Hello @mapumba . Ibotta is primarily a mobile application best used with a smartphone. It is possible to use Ibotta on a computer with the Chrome desktop extension but that limits what you can do when visiting a store. You can find out more information on using Ibotta by visiting the following link.

https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/categories/115002447048-Ibotta-General-Education

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.

Re: Can I use Ibotta w/out a smart phone? Can I use it if I only have a computer?

Jensaves2Htown

I am not the best knowledgeable person to answer this question, but, I will try anyway.

Computer only for Ibotta, I think is limited to this community and the extension browser to buy online -at this time.

I just wanted to share that I currently use a Government sponsored phone and service provider. I applied online and had to upload my documents proving my income.  It is an android phone. I like it because it is free - phone, service, data, and has hot spot - every month.  If I lose the phone, I just call the number and report it lost or damaged and they mail me another one for free.  There are several providers out there, but I like Assurance Wireless. 

Saipan
Super Saver

You would have some function with an Android emulator, but I doubt that would be convenient. This recommendation has only been posed when some one has had an iPhone issue or other troubleshooting matter.

You probably could purchase a used phone online somewhere or ask someone you know if they have an old phone not in use.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

What about using a tablet instead?  does that work?

Jensaves2Htown

I thought an active phone number was needed to be verified for the Ibotta app to work properly. 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

I know of several people who use an old phone with no cell phone service to use Ibotta.

As for phone service, you can get this many places.  Google Voice allows you to have a phone number for free which is tied to your Google account. 

You will need wi-fi access to use a cell phone with no cell phone service, but many of the major stores have free wi-fi.

0 Likes

Dean

@Jensaves2Htown  It’s possible to use a landline to verify accounts but not an ideal solution. Obviously there would be no text messages.

https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/225529587-Why-do-I-need-to-verify-my-phone-number-

@mmoore01  I use Tello for mobile phone service. I’m on the $10 a month plan and it is enough for me. They have a bring your own phone option. You can check your phone on their site to see if its compatible.

@FelskyNY  I think your were asking the OP if they could use a tablet. I use an iPad in addition to my iPhone but would never take it to the store. It might be possible to use an inexpensive Android tablet with WiFi capability in the stores. 

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.