Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Etiquette

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

One of the top priorities in this community is keeping it a safe and fun place to be. It's very important that we treat each other with kindness and respect.

From this moment on I will start enforcing these rules of etiquette to make sure we're keeping this platform a positive space:

• Disagreements can happen and should be handled appropriately and in a civil manner
    • There should be zero "name-calling"
    • Discuss the content of the post/reply without involving the character of the person that posted it
      • Using someone's gender, location, age, or any other characteristic to devalue their statement is not okay
  • Passive-aggressive behavior, while hard to quantify, is not a tolerable means of addressing others
    • If you find yourself feeling agitated by something you read, avoid replying right away. Instead take a break and come back to it later
    • Excessive use of passive-aggressive behavior (determined by myself) will result in:
      1. Direct request to correct behavior
      2. 24 hour suspension
      3. One week suspension
      4. Permanent ban
  • Open-reporting of offensive/harmful candor is encouraged
    • If at any time you feel someone is not being conducive to a safe, friendly, and fun atmosphere, send me a message directly and I will determine if action is needed
    • You should never feel guilty for trying to make this place the best it can be

I will likely add to this over time based on your feedback and experiences we see. If you do have any questions/suggestions let me know in this thread. The more clear we can be on this, the better.

5 Replies

Re: Community Etiquette

Kswitzer77
Deal Sharer

@LaraL I just took a picture of a groundhog in my back field. I know it has nothing to do with Ibotta. I was wondering is that something I can post?

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

@Kswitzer77 yeah sure. This board in particular is intended for that.

Kswitzer77
Deal Sharer

@LaraL thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I know there's a section that I found that's title is start a conversation. That's where I'll post it.

LaraL
Community Manager

Ok sounds good!

Mona
Deal Sharer

Good ideas hope people take time to read this helpful advice!

Hopeful in Dallas