cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Free offers

Weather
Deal Sharer

I loaded the free pizza offer checked to make it qualified, bought the freschetta pizza but this morning got a reply that it couldn't be found on my receipt. Should I resubmit the receipt?

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Free offers

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

@Weather I would put in a ticket.  If it's messed up that is cleanest way to get credit.  If you have screenshots of original submission that helps. Take pics of the receipt and front and upc code of product as support.

I had bad experience resubmitting via app again.  It say could not find rebate so I resubmitted.  Result was my account got locked and they never paid the resubmission claiming it was altered.  Only alternating was me folding the receipt.  So putting ticket human being will credit you.  Once resubmitted for some reason they go with the system explanation even with human check after resubmitting in app. At least my account was eventually unlocked but just never got credit for the offer. Folding receipts was considered an alteration per computer system for resubmission.

When I submitted ticket without resubmit in system I always got credit back. Human works best for this situation. But you might not get offer count for it. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Weather 

Did yoyu havfe to manually add it for redemption?

I find it unusual that it would locate it on the receipt when you scanned the receipt, and then come back and tell you it was not there..

What does your receipt say as a description for the pizza?

Does the receipt include an item # or UPC that you can u se to locate the item in the store app?

You could try to resubmit, but it would get messier if you have two messed up redemptions.  Maybe a ticket is cleaner

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
Solved! Go to solution

Saipan
Super Saver

@Weather

I would try sending a review request from the message.

Click your "bell" in the corner:

Screenshot_20220121-111504_Ibotta.jpg

Find the notification, click on it, and send a message. 

Solved! Go to solution

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

@Weather I would put in a ticket.  If it's messed up that is cleanest way to get credit.  If you have screenshots of original submission that helps. Take pics of the receipt and front and upc code of product as support.

I had bad experience resubmitting via app again.  It say could not find rebate so I resubmitted.  Result was my account got locked and they never paid the resubmission claiming it was altered.  Only alternating was me folding the receipt.  So putting ticket human being will credit you.  Once resubmitted for some reason they go with the system explanation even with human check after resubmitting in app. At least my account was eventually unlocked but just never got credit for the offer. Folding receipts was considered an alteration per computer system for resubmission.

When I submitted ticket without resubmit in system I always got credit back. Human works best for this situation. But you might not get offer count for it. 

Solved! Go to solution

Weather
Deal Sharer

Thanks for the advice everyone. I just got the cash back this morning. I ended up resubmitting the receipt I guess the first time must not have a good enough photo to read it.

Solved! Go to solution

Nique
Deal Ambassador

That happened to me as well. My Target receipt was poor quality, so I made sure it scanned before leaving the store. Ibotta matched the item on its own, but about 30 minutes later I got an email that my receipt was not readable.

I resubmitted the receipt, scanned the Freschetta barcode to match the offer, and it went through no problem.

Three of the four self-checkout printers have been poor for weeks. I used to wait for the machine that consistently printed good receipts, but I thought since so much time has passed it would be fixed. I should speak to Customer Service.