cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibotta Is A Sham & A Scam

EL
Shopper

I have received none of the rewards for being referee ($10) referrer ($10) or for sign-up ($5) that are promised by Ibotta if the criteria is met for said rewards, which is the case.. since you can't reach them by phone & actually speak to them, I emailed as is suggested for issues & all I've gotten in response is the same form letter (which is probably computer generated by key words in the issue stated) repeatedly with a different signature attached for each time I respond back that their "explanation" which is just stating the criteria for the offers & when they are met the money will be issued automatically, which they were & it wasn't; as I know I met the criteria of sign-up ($5) & submission of my first reciept & qualifying redemptiom from referral ($10) because the person that referred me received their $10 reward for it, & I know the person I referred met the qualifications because it was my mother so I set her account up for her using my referral code to ensure it was done correctly (as I'd already done mine from referral) & she received her $$ for sign-up & for the qualifying redemption from her Amazon order through Ibotta.. so for some reason it seems that on both sides of me the rewards are being issued but no matter which end I'm on I'm getting screwed which would lead me to believe there's a problem on their end with my account that they might be able to fix, if only they had actual people you could talk to instead of computer generated responses that just pick up on key words & send the same response over & over that doesn't address or resolve the issue.. so much for the others I was going to refer once I knew this wasn't a sham/scam with false claims & promises to get people to refer others & to get others to accept referrals & so on, because apparently it is; & as soon as I find a different rewards app that lives up to it's claims I will refer to that app all those I was going to refer to Ibotta & enlist all those I know, & can reach on social media & online & any/every where else, who use Ibotta to cancel their existing account & switch to the one I find & use.. what a bunch of BS !!

& note that altho they who referred me & they who I referred did get some of the $$ rewards promised, they did not get all which they should have either; as my referrer never got the $10 for her first qualifying receipt submission/redemption after joining through the person who'd referred her nor did my referee receive that same $10 reward after her first qualifying receipt/redemption through my referral. so none of the 3 of us got that $$ reward as was Ibotta's claim, but they did get the others.

8 Replies

Re: Ibotta Is A Sham & A Scam

mmoore01
Deal Master

I am sorry you are having issues.  Ibotta is not a scam.  I believe I have posted to your comments before.

The Ibotta Community is made up of users like you.  We don't work for Ibotta.  We can't fix your issues.  You must wait for someone to contact you via email.  Please note that the robotic emails you get are always sent out.  Humans will eventually respond.  Do not send another email since this could slow down the process.

Here is the referral information for the current promotion.  It can be found here: https://ibotta.com/referral

I hope you are able to get your referral bonuses.  Good luck.

Referral program terms & conditions

The Saver and the new Referred Saver will earn $10 when the Referred Saver redeems a qualifying offer within 7 days of registering with the referral code. Once the new Referred Saver registers with Ibotta, there may be a slight delay before the additional $5 Referred Friend bonus becomes available. They will earn $10 in bonus cash by redeeming a qualifying offer. A qualifying offer includes an offer, Any Brand or Any Receipt offer. Online Shopping transactions are not considered a qualifying offer until the offer pending period is complete and the offer is credited to a New User's account. Ibotta reserves the right to adjust these terms or the bonus amount at any time. Members of Ibotta's Affiliate Program do not qualify for and are excluded from participation in Referral Bonus Programs. All accounts are subject to review. Additional terms and conditions may apply.

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@EL  @mmoore01  according to your profile , you just joined the Community.When did you sign up for Ibotta & refer a new user? Ibotta is not a scam! @JuliannaV 

0 Likes

EL
Shopper

yes I did just join (4-18-22) through a referral from my sister, & sadly my literal first experience with ibotta was a negative one with not receiving that credit.. & then I referred someone somewhere in the beginning of May I believe it was & didn't receive the credit for that either.. nor did I receive the initial sign-up reward that was claimed by ibotta that I would receive.. so three strikes (right off the bat, no less) & I call bull**bleep** & scam !!

Tags (1)
0 Likes

EL
Shopper

You definitely have not posted to my comments before since, as a new user of ibotta, this is the first I have ever commented & this debacle was literally my first & initial experience with them which is quite the turnoff & has prompted me to deactivate my account as I will be advising my referral to do & everyone I know who uses ibotta or will ever be tempted to use ibotta.. especially since, given all the reviews I've read of people who aren't able to cash out their earnings anyway, it's probably a moot point whether they did or do credit me the $25 that they should have.. & it is a scam if it's not giving people what it promises after they keep their end of the deal with ibotta's criteria !!

Tags (1)
0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@EL  I tagged the Community Manager to look into your complaint. Have you  received any rebates from shopping at Walmart, Target  or your local grocery store.Remember you won’t receive any referral money until  your referrals make their initial purchase.

0 Likes

Tetelestai
Deal Sharer

I'm sorry your experience has been negative. I've had Ibotta for over 9 years and despite my fair share of complaints, I have always gotten paid... over 2k in cash back over that time. It may have taken some unnecessary effort on my part sometimes, but I've never felt scammed. I hope you're able to get your issues corrected. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@EL 

mmoore did respond to another of your gripe posts.   It was your first post on Tuesday

To be honest, I read your post several times, and it is not clear who referred who and when.   That may be part of the reason you have not had a satisfactory resolution.  

At the end of the day, it sounds like one of you referred two others, and nobody is really redeeming anything.  It is a shame you are not trying to use ibotta for the great savings on the products instead of trying to earn quick referral cash.  There are many out here who have saved thousands of dollars, some well over $10.000 in earnings.

Many people are turned off by posts with subjects with SCAM in the title.   If you are encountering issues, and are being shorted monies, there are scads of people who will give you advice or do whatever they can to try to help you, but many frankly won't even respond to hyperbolic posts such as yours.  This is not the kind of post that would personally inspire me to help if I had the ability.

I am sorry if you have not received money you are entitled.  You may have considered following up with CS, perhaps replacing your vinegar with honey.  But it sounds like you have deactivated your account, so I  guess it is truly moot.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  Bravo 👏 👏!