cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative balance not our fault

Sfelker1
Rewards Hunter

I don't feel it's right that an account be put in a negative. It's not our fault that an item was reversed. How ever you put it. We should not be punished for other people's mistakes. It hasn't happened to me but I don't think it's fair. Your going to lose a lot of people also I'm about ready to close my account because it's not right that I buy something and then it's off the list for a few months or it never comes back. You know what people buy most and you remove it from the list 😠

0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Negative balance not our fault

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Sfelker1 

If you feel a reversal is not fair, your only recourse is to open a ticket.  If a merchant such as WM reverses a charge, or you return an item you had received ibotta rebates for, ibotta does not get paid for the purchase, so they have to reverse the charges where they credited you to begin with.

Many items just last a pre-determined amount of time and never return to ibotta.  Some things reset while others do not.  So I do not understand why you would threaten to close your account just because they do not have the offer reset after you already bought and were paid for it once already.

Create a Help Desk ticket with the ibotta Care Team by visiting help.ibotta.com or by emailing accountsupport@ibotta.com

It may take 3 or 4 business days for them to get back to you.

Good luck.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Meadow18
Rewards Hunter

This just happened to me. I am negitive 9 something.  I am so upset and frustrated. I wouldnt have bought those items if a week later you decided that they werent eligible. I am to poor to be wasting money and I feel like thats exactly what i did. I did open a ticket but Ive been chatting with support all week. This all started because I was missing some cash back. I wish i wouldve just left it alone honestly. This has never happened to me and I am at a loss. I didnt do anything wrong. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Meadow18 

If  you are saying that you opened a ticket because you were not credited for ibotta rebate offers, and when they awarded you credits for that, they took away other credits, that is a different matter.   This sometimes happens when a worker reworks a whole receipt, and  messes things up.   In that case, you need to update the ticket with details being specific about what offers were reversed and for how much.

If you truly were wronged, my experience is that ibotta always makes it right.  It just sometimes can take a while to get it rectified.  So stand your ground and try to be patient.   Good luck.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes