cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Re: New format, not a fan!

limslady
Saver

Yeah, this is poor UI design.  In the previous version we just had to swipe to the section of interest and tap once to pull up the products.  Now we have to tap three times to achieve the same result - once to pull up the filter list, once to actually select the filters, and once to display the filtered products.  And actually a fourth tap is required to clear the filters and go back to the full list.  The interface should be set up to minimize user interactions, both for ease of use and to prevent repetitive motions, so this is definitely a step backwards.

Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Deal Master

It is interesting that they changed the way we traverse through all the offers, but they didn't do the same thing for My List.  I still have all the categories and can go directly to Breakfast, if I want.

I am wondering if there is another motive for the change.  Maybe they have some new features they want to do, but it requires the filters to work easier.

I have an older phone and if this saves memory, I am all for it.  But I have already had the app lock up on me while scrolling through Walmart offers at the store.  I had to cancel the app and restart it to continue to use it.

@JuliannaV , do you have any insight as to why the offer scrolling was changed to use filters?

Solved! Go to solution

Roxiesmom
Rewards Guide

Very well said. I'd like to know why my son's went back to the original and how I can make mine go back to the original.

Solved! Go to solution

kevsue2
Deal Sharer

Agree 100%!

Solved! Go to solution

kevsue2
Deal Sharer

I doubt it! My dad has had this format for awhile now and my mom can’t stand it.  Nothing is easy to find. 

Solved! Go to solution

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

Lara addressed this back in January in this thread: Dec 30 update

At that time she said the filter changes were currently in testing. I'm guessing testing is still happening because although I've had the change since Jan, mine sometimes reverts back to the old way. Feedback was negative in that thread as well, so hopefully the powers that be are listening.

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

When first discussed, it was my understanding you could not select multiple categories.  Either I am misremembering or they tweaked that 

This is a huge step back.   Whenever I implemented a new system, we always allowed a SELECT ALL button.  And it does not keep your prior setting, so if you want to see all categories all the time, you have to check all boxes each time 

Whoever decided on this change is an idiot.  This design is the biggest complaint of systems that use it.  This is further proof that just because the design is used by many others, it dies not mean it is the right choice.

Horrible!  Garbage.  Shamefully, embarrassingly, ill-conceived 'improvement.'.   Fire all those who voted for this change.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
Solved! Go to solution

Re: NEED SLIDER AND FILTERS TOGETHER

Saipan
Deal Expert

I normally scroll all the available applicable offers anyway at WM, so in that regard the filters are fine. But I am unable to purchase spirits at the store and have no need for products for puppers.

So I can immediately remove these, but in turn need to check every other category box to display the stuff I might buy. A "Select All" would be an enhancement. 

A specialty retailer I may only want to see one category, say "spirits" for instance. So I can select it, and prepare to save without viewing other categories. The Slider and Filters together still seems optimal. 

Some grouping of the filters would make them more useful. For instance these fit one set:

Screenshot_20220315-170550_Ibotta.jpg

Then the individual categories specific another, adding some kind of "all" feature for them though. That way a Saver who only wants to filter one or two product types, does encounter a cumbersome task. 

Screenshot_20220315-170608_Ibotta.jpg

Kay Rogers setup comes to mind first, and Walt Martin's too for that matter.

Solved! Go to solution

Kmkdenali
Deal Sharer

I just went through and “thumbed up” everyone who dislikes this change. I absolutely hate it as well. Not an improvement. Please go back to tabs on top. While you are at it, please also add a tab for “expiring soon” items. That would be SUPER HELPFUL!!! 

Solved! Go to solution

Re: NEED SLIDER AND FILTERS TOGETHER

Saipan
Deal Expert

Kay Rogers has a "Special Savings" section and then a "Departments" section.

0 Likes