Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are you from?

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Untitled-1.png

Hey folks,

We've had a couple of threads about this in the past, but think of this as an official one where we can all get to know each other a little better.

Which state are you from, and where do you live now? Curious to learn a bit more about everyone here, and it gives new savers a place to introduce themselves!

358 Replies

Re: Where are you from?

What-Shot
Super Saver

Current: Land of Enchantment (aka NM)

Origin: Evergreen State (aka WA)

PS: Bummer for anyone who hails from beyond the border of the US map. Assuming many ibotta users (now in USA) actually are from places beyond these borders, please mention your country of origin. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

LaraL
Community Manager

I never knew states had a "land of __" tied to them. Really interesting!

For the record I was born in CO and still live here, although I've been wanting to move to NYC for the better part of a decade. Guessing Colorado is the land of the rockies or something? I honestly have no idea 😅

What-Shot
Super Saver

@LaraL: Apparently, Colorado is the Centennial State. 

Here's a link to all 50 state slogans: https://www.farmersalmanac.com/state-slogans-19785 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

LaraL
Community Manager

Oh ok! Yeah I remember hearing/seeing that when I was younger, but it's been ages.

cheryl_123
Saver

This is fun! Upper Midwesterner here:

I currently reside in Michigan, the Great Lakes State.

Was born in Illinois, the Prairie State.

Grew up in Wisconsin, the Badger State.

mpowe0033
Rewards Hunter

Hello Everyone!

I am originally from Montgomery, AL. I now reside in Pensacola, FL. I love the weather and the beaches. It is so relaxing hear away from all of the hustle and bustle of city life.

kynuna
Rewards Guide

I live in NH - The Granite State

I moved to the USA from Australia 30 years ago. There was no such thing as couponing over in Australia when I lived there, and I was amazed that you could go into a store and get something for absolutely free when combining a sale with a coupon 😀

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I was born, and currently live in Indiana. The Crossroads of America.

You simply are not allowed to call me a Hoosier.  Those are fighting words.  I am a Boilermaker.

A Hoosier is someone who either is matriculating or has matriculated at the inferior university  in the center of the state.  You can also recognize them by their constant bragging of basketball accomplishments in the 20th century.  Purdue, being THE Indiana University has beaten said Hoosiers 12 of the last 13 times in basketball.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

mpowe0033
Rewards Hunter

I meant to say it's relaxing "here" not "hear". Sorry!