cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Where are you from?

lilred29
Deal Sharer

I am from Maine and I moved out to Illinois for college over 11 years ago (I have since graduated and met the love of my life out here in the Midwest). We just got married this past August.

0 Likes

MissGrandma72
Shopper

From Ohio.  Now in Nevada

0 Likes

Ptrevin1
Rewards Hunter

Louisville Kentucky 🤗

0 Likes

Mista1975
Deal Sharer

I'm from Upstate NY. I live in a small country town called Willet, NY. I was born and raised in Endicott, NY. 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Mista1975  Welcome fellow NYer - I'm on LI

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@stephhaws How r-u liking it?

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Rickibotta is Dunbar in the general area of Charleston and Huntington?

0 Likes

Lrhazelton
Rewards Hunter

Helena Montana

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@RCKCreatEnt 

Yessir.  I just saw a newscast where a female reporter got hit by a car in Dunbar.   I believe it was at the very apartment complex I lived, Roxalana Hills Apartments..  

Both Huntington and Charleston are on US64, separated by about 50 miles.   Dunbar is about 6 to 8 miles from Charleston, in between the two cities.

I found it extremely confusing living there.  A lot of small cities  (dunbar, south charleston, st albans,, nitro, cross lanes,  hurricane (pronounced her-uh-kun), etc) that have different bridges that go one way to get to the other.  I am easily confused with directions so it is not really surprising that I got lost there.

In St Albans, there is a weird little tunnel about 20 or 30 foot long that you couldn't really see the other side of the tunnel, and you had to honk the horn to warn someone on the other side.   And it was somwehat sunken, so it often had standing water.   

Oh BTW, what made you ask about Dunbar?

https://www.fox29.com/news/west-virginia-reporter-hit-by-car-while-on-air-continues-reporting

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Teammacski
Shopper

Glastonbury, CT

0 Likes