cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only one with this problem?

What-Shot
Super Saver

Am I the only one who normally is so focused on my conquest of FREEBATES (aka buying things for FREE), that I totally forget I have have a Regular Shopping List of items I actually NEED to buy at the store in order for my home & meals to survive another day?

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
7 Replies

Re: Am I the only one with this problem?

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@What-Shot , yes, oh my goodness this is a big problem for me! Even though I have my regular shopping list in my phone I almost always forget to check it because I’m so focused on my rebate shopping. I usually end up doing a whole other shopping trip just for my needed items that are not part of my rebate shopping. 

Dean
Core Shopper

@What-Shot  @Mikosmama  Idea #472 - Ibotta allows additional items without offers to be added to store lists and those items can be added to a Wishlist. Current offers can be marked as Favorites and new offers for the same products are added automatically.

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Dean  & @Mikosmama:
Who would bother looking at a list "without offers"?

Actually, combining a list of "offers" PLUS "essentials" sounds exceedingly cumbersome....at least the way I organize my thought processes.

0 Likes

Dean
Core Shopper

@What-Shot  Well, I think we would all prefer options to print or export the store lists. Then we could organize additional items however we prefer. 

0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Dean  I am Super Old-School. I jot my list(s) on index cards. One card is my Regular Shopping List. The other is my Freebate List. Unfortunately, I rarely remember to consult the RSL while in-store. 

Honestly, I don't think I'd use an export feature even if it were available. 

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

I go shopping so often, my list of essentials is usually very small.  I make a list of Ibotta items and then add the essentials to the end of the list.  If it is not on my list, I usually don't get it.  If my wife asks me to pick up something and I forget to add it to the list, I usually forget it.

Of course, if I forget it, then I have another reason to go shopping again!

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

Same here, I shop so much more frequently, that I have a running list memorized of a few items I purchase per store based on availability and quality. 

I used to use a OneNote list, and would just check/uncheck what I needed before heading to the store. Microsoft To-Do list app is good too.

Screenshot_20210521-165719_OneNote.jpg