cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode troubles

Shopper

Has anybody had trouble scanning a barcode to redeem offer they not work but when you manually put them in they don't read either. And it says invalid receipt which they are not I know what I'm doing they're not been used before and everything is sediment Incorrect and using them

5 Replies

Re: Barcode troubles

Core Shopper

I am assuming you are talking about a Walmart receipt.

A barcode can be rejected for several reasons.  One, it can't read it.  Since you tried to type it in, that doesn't sound like your problem.

If the receipt is more than 7 days old, it won't accept it.  If you scanned it in, but tried to scan it a second time more than 24 hours later, it won't let you scan it.

The other possibility, though rare, is that the register you checked out on was "offline".  The register gives you a bar code, but it hasn't reported it to headquarters yet, so it won't scan.  I had this happen once around 2 am in the morning while their systems were down.  It could also happen during storms.  I would try again later.

0 Likes

Rewards Hunter

I am having the same issue with my Walmart receipt from this morning? It days invalid barcode.  I am writing to the help desk now

0 Likes

Core Shopper

I got a message saying the Barcode is invalid, but it then said they were down for maintenance.  Try it again later.

0 Likes

Shopper

yes, I’m having the same problem. I just submitted a help ticket.

0 Likes

Saver

I had the same trouble this morning with my walmart receipt, However I decided to log out of Ibotta and just wait awhile and try again. I just logged back in, and although it still wouldn't scan, it did let me manually enter the TC# and took it this time. Try it again now because I think they may have been doi g some maintenance on the app this morning and is why wouldn't initially work.