cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying every product on the list

Autumfaith26
Rewards Hunter

I seriously spent $200 and bought every item I redeemed then got in the car to scan my receipt and magically like half of the stuff wasn’t on my list anymore... happen to anyone else? Ughhh

9 Replies

Re: Buying every product on the list

megla
Core Shopper

Not typically no - I always check my list in the store though because sometimes if you do it the night before or something they will get taken off overnight 

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@Autumfaith26  Elaborate please, what retailer, did you scan products barcodes prior to purchase 

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

This used to happen to me more times than not. Like you, I would get to the car, load up my merchandise, then relax in the driver seat while I scanned in my receipt. But, lo and behold, almost half of my offers would have dropped out by then. Now, after scanning and paying at the Wal-Mart self checkout, I retrieve my receipt and scan it into Ibotta right there at the check stand. Since I'm at self-check, I don't concern myself with people behind me. There are always plenty of available self-check registers. By scanning my receipt into Ibotta right away, I've eliminated the dropped offer problem. I hope this helps any and all out in Ibotta land who may have this same issue.

0 Likes

DonnaRobin
Rewards Hunter

Same happened to me with about 6-7 items. Two items didn’t show up on Ibotta.  I scanned the receipt again.....and the remaining 2 items magically appeared. 

0 Likes

jmoore
Deal Sharer

@Autumfaith26That happened to me once when I scanned the Walmart receipt it said barcode error so I scanned it again and everything I bought disappeared from my list so I didn't submit it. However when I scanned the receipt the next day it went through just fine and included all the offers.  And phew! that was a relief. I was starting to get pretty annoyed.  But If you already submitted your receipt with half your offers missing I would consider contacting the Ibotta care team in case there was some kind of glitch in the system.

0 Likes

Jackieronnie
Shopper

I would be sooo upset!

0 Likes

TXbelle
Skilled Saver

This started happening to me just after an app software update. Really annoying. First time I sent a problem report, then the next day the stuff reappeared. I rescanned the receipt and I got my rebate money's. So I updated the rpt and Ibotta made it a new problem report, new number even though I referenced the original number. Happened again a few days later. This time I waited to scan. Had to open a new rpt!!! Next time I went shopping, I made screenshots of my checked lists before I bought anything and I scanned EVERYTHING before I bought them. Happened again. I went on the app store and did a review downgrade (5* down to 1*). Soon there was a new app update. Haven't had that problem since. 

I upgraded my review back to 5...

One thing ibotta's csr said is you don't have too much time to scan your Walmart barcode receipt. I don't worry because I scan before I put away my groceries.

0 Likes

John102
Saver

Happened to me last week I had to power bars and two cans of tomatoes that I didn’t get credit for

0 Likes

John102
Saver

Good habit to get into

0 Likes