cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Can't withdraw funds

murphy817
Shopper

I'm a fairly new Ibotta user. I recently accumulated enough funds in my account to withdraw them for a gift card. Whenever I try to do this - regardless of which store I try - I get an error message. I have also tried to withdraw to PayPal. That does not work, either. This is the message I get: 

Something went wrong

We couldn't process your request. We're looking into, but you can reach out to Ibotta Care if you need help.

I don't know how to reach out to Ibotta Care. I'm just frustrated at what should be a two-second process! Help?

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Can't withdraw funds

Saving4Fun

@murphy817 @Dana @Takin42Nite @KylieCampbell @kamartin1 @Aangsparks @mmoore01 @Welshcar @BraulioFon 

Hello everyone, 

I’m sorry I’m a little late with my reply; I’ve had some additional medical issues to handle, but I’ll try my best to monitor for questions of this nature.

@Dana, respectfully, I’m asking you once again to stop posting theories that are not proven or verified. Creating a ticket in the Ibotta Care Center is the only portion of your answer that is accurate. I appreciate your willingness to help, but please update the template that you’re using to copy/paste your answers. You are causing more confusion, and I don’t think that’s your intent.

I know firsthand how frustrating it is to be blocked from your earnings. I’ve experienced this issue more than anyone else and will provide all of the information and instructions needed to solve it. Anyone who is still experiencing this issue, please try not to worry and rest assured, it will be corrected.

First, check to make sure you’ve verified your account. If you’re a new user or you recently updated to a new version of the app, your account likely needs to be verified. I’ll include detailed instructions below.

Second, if you haven’t already created a ticket in the Ibotta Care Center, please do so as soon as possible. I’ll include instructions below. If you’ve verified your account, then submitting a ticket to the Care Center is the most important step to solving this issue. Nothing else will work. If by chance someone regained access without creating a ticket, then it’s because the Care Center monitors for this issue, and it does not necessarily need a ticket to start the process of removing the block on a user’s earnings. 

I know many of you are trying to understand why this block has occurred, and I will do my best to provide an answer based on the facts that have been confirmed by the Care Center and provided directly to me thru our Community Manager, @LaraL, who is an Ibotta employee.

The safety and security of earnings is the number one priority of Ibotta, and it uses an auto-tracking software to monitor for any unusual account activity. This security feature is meant to protect both Ibotta and the user. There are lots of factors that could trigger an automatic block, so don’t let that concern you. It happens quite often with new accounts, and the Care Team will review everything as soon as possible.

In recent weeks, the Care Team has been extremely backed up because of a separate issue. Normal response times can be as long as 48 hours. While you’re waiting for a response, you’re still able to use most all other features in the app, and all of your earnings will be safe.

As I mentioned, @LaraL, our Community Manager, is an Ibotta employee. She is a tremendous asset to our Community, and she’s helped me and many others with this same issue.

Lara has the ability to check on the status of your ticket, but only after 48 hours have passed. Lara is available Monday-Friday, and she always responds in a timely manner. Please make sure to include your ticket number when contacting Lara. The ticket number is included in the email confirmation of your ticket submission. You can also find it listed under your submitted ticket at https://help.Ibotta.com. I’ll include instructions to find your submitted ticket because I recommend checking it for a response. Sometimes, Ibotta emails are filtered by spam settings, so I find it easier to check for updates in the help center.

Keep us posted and try not to worry. Many of us have had blocks on our earnings. You’re among a great group of folks in this Community, and we’ll help ease your mind while your wait.

Account Verification:

1B7C1C45-5FB3-40CF-8186-FFD6CB1359A5.jpeg

Create Ticket:

3597EB33-7287-40FE-AB30-EB0DB2F91C1B.jpeg

Locate Ticket #:

38EDE433-7D0C-48A1-BDF9-9E4C1756BFE5.jpeg

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

look for an update uninstall reinstall shut phone off on wifi on off clear cookies cache these are the normal fixes when people have problems. If that doesn't work leave out a penny for paypal some people need to do that I do not have payal I go to my bank account. Also it could be on ibottas end so give it a few hours/day and if that doesn't work you could be locked and need to put in a ticket. go to your account click in the app scroll to help click it 3 lines upper right corner click it submit a request or in this community scroll all the way to the bottom click contact us.

Solved! Go to solution

murphy817
Shopper

Wow - THANK YOU for the detailed suggestions. I sincerely appreciate them all.

Tags (1)
Solved! Go to solution

Takin42Nite
Shopper

When did you try doing this? I’ve had issues like when scanning my receipts as of late including tonight about 40 min ago. Not sure if it’s the time but it’s seem to happen a lot after 12 am. I’ve never had a problem with getting my gift card that it’s just come straight to email very quickly. 

Solved! Go to solution

murphy817
Shopper

I’ve been trying throughout the day (eastern time). Yesterday I submitted a trouble ticket but haven’t heard back. It still won’t let me redeem. 

Solved! Go to solution

KylieCampbell
Rewards Hunter

Oh, man, i have the same issue !

Tags (1)
Solved! Go to solution

kamartin1
Skilled Saver

If you check the listings on your account page, you will see “Help.” That is for the Care center. When you click on “Help”, you will see “Submit a request.” Click on that and follow the prompts.i would consider this a technical problem, so send your request to that option. If you have a picture you can upload, i.e. the message you receive when attempting the withdrawals, take the pictures so you can send these  attachments.

I can’t speak to the why of the malfunction; I usually withdraw to my bank account and occasionally buy gift cards, but I have never had a problem. But I do notice others with this problem from time to time. They have stated that they were told to quit the ibotta app totally and get it again. At that point, it may work. I would try that before contacting them.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

Just so you know...ibotta sent thru an update last night. You should be running version 6.82.0 or higher. This may solve your problem. Go to ACCOUNT, SETTINGS. Look at bottom of page for version number. 

Solved! Go to solution

kamartin1
Skilled Saver

@Aangsparks 

Thanks so much for the update.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

murphy817
Shopper

I have already tried everything, and my app is up to date. It still isn't working. Didn't realize it would be so hard to redeem!