cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash out on browser extension?

Steph_n_TN
Shopper

Hello! I'm new to this community & Ibotta. If I'm using the new browser extension, do I need the phone app also in order to cash out earnings? If not, what are the options for cashing out online? Thanks for your help!

Tags (1)
13 Replies

Re: Cash out on browser extension?

Rickibotta
Rewards Whiz

The extension is only for placing online order.

You have to cash out thru the app/

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"

Steph_n_TN
Shopper

Thanks so much for your help, Rickibotta! How long can you build up your bank before cashing out? In other words, is there an 'expiration' period at which point your cash disappears? I'm without a cell at the moment, so that's limiting my options...LOL!

Dana
Deal Expert

@Steph_n_TN  You can cash out at a minimum of $20 they don't expire they only take out a fee if inactive for 6 months and every month after that until you reach zero. If you're not inactive you have nothing to worry about if you are they send an email 1st. This is stated in the terms of use.

ScottyS
Former Ibotta Employee

Hi @Steph_n_TN

Welcome to the Ibotta Community! This platform is here to for you to ask questions, share deals, and connect with fellow Savers.

To confirm the answers to your question:

While you can redeem offers for Online Shopping retailers, as well as for available grocery pickup & delivery orders through the Ibotta browser extension, you will need to download and use the Ibotta app to successfully cash out your earnings. There is a $20 minimum in order to cash out. Once you hit that threshold, you can cash out by connecting your bank account, PayPal account, or with an available gift card. 

I hope this helps clarify! 

Rickibotta
Rewards Whiz

@Steph_n_TN 

Just to emphasize, money also does not 'roll off" after a year of earning like some rewards and similar accounts.  So the only fees you would have for inactivity are those Dana mentioned.' 

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"

Steph_n_TN
Shopper

Hi, Scotty. Thanks for the nice welcome! :  )  So if I understand correctly,..

1. I can start accumulating earnings now on the browser extension even though I don't have the app loaded to a cell phone right now.

2.  Whenever I get a new cell phone (hopefully within the next 2 months or so?!), then I can load the app & cash out the earnings I've been amassing (I hope...LOL!) from the browser extension up to that point.

Is that correct? 

Tags (3)
0 Likes

Steph_n_TN
Shopper

Oh! Maybe I should mention, too, that I'm hoping to participate in the free Thanksgiving meal offer. Soooo....if I order that via Walmart grocery pickup through the Ibotta browser extension, can I earn the rebates on that offer & let the money sit until I get a new phone & can load the app for cash out?

Sorry for so many questions....dealing with some health issues rn, so I'm not at my best. Thanks for your patience & help, everyone!

Tags (3)
0 Likes

Steph_n_TN
Shopper

Can anyone help with my last 2 posts in this thread, please?? Thank you!

0 Likes

Steph_n_TN
Shopper

Pretty please? : )

0 Likes