Couponing Abbreviations

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

How about a list of common couponing abbreviations / lingo

12 Replies

Re: Couponing Abbreviations

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813  I bow down to you my Q U E E N  (yes it was bleeped) !  I am in 100% agreement!!!

Come on fellow minions - like @Icequeen813 's post (not my post - but her post)!!!!

I'll start the list....

Peely or Peelies  (Coupons that are found taped on products just waiting for us to use).

Hangtags  (Coupons that hung around the neck of a product just waiting for us to use)

Catalina (A promotional offer that prints out at the register which is generally good on your next purchase)

NLA (No longer available - for example a printable coupon that is no longer available to print)

WYB (When you buy)

MB2  (Must buy 2)

DND (Do not double)

FelskyNY
Deal Master

edited the above

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

I don't really think that is needed here. Almost everyone knows the lingo and for the new people all they have to do is google coupon lingo and everything pops up.

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

Guess what... I didn’t have a clue...I’m not hardcore couponer  like most people in this community 

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813  What happens is that so many people "assume" that it's common lingo.  I still think its a great idea.  I learn from my "boys" everyday. 

ThatGuy
Rewards Guide

@FelskyNY What's a DQ?

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@ThatGuy  This is an old topic.  @OBSHOP had compiled a list.  Search Do you speak Ibotta.  Unless it's available in another format now.

ChipL955
Deal Sharer

A DQ is a digital coupon. Depending on the store or the person, they may be called by different names:

EQ: electronic coupon

PC: paperless coupon (Walgreens)

STC: send-to-card (CVS)

L2C: load-to-card (Rite Aid) 

J4U: Just 4 U (Albertsons/Safeway stores) 

I’m sure there a lot more, those are off the top of my head. And I know this is an old topic but there always seem to be new couponers here so what the heck.  

Tags (1)

cheryl_123
Saver

I always appreciate when this topic pops up. I usually learn something or am reminded of some I had had known once upon a time.