cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: downloading older version for iphone 6

brulie2356
Shopper

Hello,

Yes this latest update by Ibotta was the one for me that broke the camels back. In the past i would update & I would get the message upon updating about the IOS requirements to update & my Iphone 6 didn’t  meet but it gave the option of downloading older version  of app which of course I did. iIt got me by.so I was able to continue to use App.

0 Likes

brulie2356
Shopper

I am so bummed because this is so addicting it’s like losing a best friend or better yet not getting your fix if I was a drug addict.Everyday I used the App & now its come to a screeching halt! 😞 Plus it was so ez to use the mobile app site & now I have to relearn & use the extension which looks like it’s no comparison. It’s hard to teach an old dog new tricks. & its inconvenient not foing directly from my mobile & Ibottta App. Publix grocer I don’t think is even on it and that is my absolute FAV grocer. Ugh! Please Help!

0 Likes

brulie2356
Shopper

Well then us Iphone6 users were running on borrowed time because everything was going well for me with app til this  very latest update.. Never-a problem running the app with a less than 13.0 IOS operating system. 

0 Likes

Desert1
Rewards Hunter

I have the very same problem. I think IBOTTA should provide better tech support.

I have over $100 earnings on my account, which I cannot cash out, since I am not able to access the app.

I believe Ibotta should provide my earnings for free of charge, since they chose not to support any later IOS versions by they app.

I am happy to hear your idea, how can I get access to my earnings.

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

@sportingclaysrc, @Desert1

If you have a PC or Mac laptop, you could try installing the noxplayer Android emulator for access to Ibotta app, as a temporary workaround to at least cash out. 

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

That's certainly one way to work around it, yeah. I'll pass along the feedback from those of you with iOS 12 or earlier.

For anyone that is unsure about which operating systems we support, the list is provided here:

https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/225678288-What-Devices-are-Supported-

0 Likes

Desert1
Rewards Hunter

Hello Deal Sharer,

Thanks for the hint. I downloaded the emulator. Downloaded the Ibotta app and tried to send my money to my paypal.

It asked me to verify my phone number and my ibotta password before I could link my paypal account.

And then everything went black blank screen....

It is strange, since I have my paypal account linked to ibotta before.

Any idea what may have happened?

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

@Desert1

Verify your location is applicable in settings. 

0 Likes

Desert1
Rewards Hunter

I am not familiar with this emulator, what do you mean by verify my location is applicable in settings? 

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

@Desert1

Verify what your location is set to in the emulator. 

0 Likes