cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading older version for iphone 6

sportingclaysrc
Rewards Hunter

how can i load an older version of Ibotta that will work on my Iphone 6 with IOS 12.5.2?

26 Replies

Re: downloading older version for iphone 6

Dana
Deal Expert

I do not have an iphone but I don't think you can. Ibotta stops putting the app on older phones. You might want to upgrade your phone.

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Whichever version of Ibotta that you access from the App Store is going to be what we offer for your phone. At the moment we do not offer an alternative to downloading the app apart from what you see in your version of the App Store.

0 Likes

brulie2356
Shopper

O brother!😱 That’s so Not Fair! I sure can’t afford  right now to go out &  buy another phone to  be able to use Ibotta. Afterall that’s why I frugally use Ibotta! Now I’m locked out when in the past it always updated. This is so unfortunate not to mention aggravating. 

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@brulie2356  At what point have you been "locked out"? Did you have it installed and a recent update changed the way you access the app?

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

You can always download and use the extension maybe the stores you shop at are on it. The only thing is you can't cash out

VCGirly
Shopper

My husband isn’t able use Ibotta anymore either because it requires iOS 13 or later and he’s stuck at iOS 12.5.2   . That’’s the latest software available for his device. Ibotta won’t open at all, it says “Update Ibotta” and then takes us to the App Store but won’t download, pop up says “you can download the latest compatible version, but it doesn’t work. Just takes him in a circle of clicking update - being told it’s too old- click to download-doesn’t work. 

0 Likes

VCGirly
Shopper

But it won’t open at all now. Can’t use the app if it won’t even open. Very frustrating. We get these messages. If I push ‘Download’ on that little popup in the App Store, it just flashes again and nothing happens. Have deleted app and tried to reinstall and got that first picture again. So disappointing. 

105627DD-AF25-431C-8BFC-6C66B6F60B06.jpeg

874EF3DE-E5BD-4C8B-9A06-E615C11D0D56.jpeg

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

your phone only goes up to 12 something. You need 13 and better to download. It's too old they stop apps on older phones.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

There are a number of phone plans that offer a free phone when you switch.  You could get a brand new phone and hopefully pay less per month.

I use Cricket Wireless.  I pay $100 a month for 4 phones with unlimited data.  If you only need one phone, their cheapest plan is $30 per month.

There are other phone services out there that are even cheaper.  I believe Mint is $15/month, but you have to pay 3 months at a time ($45).  Apple phones are available for about $30 a month.