cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate receipt bs

Csims6015
Shopper

So my account got locked and investigated and they said that I didn’t do online shopping through the Ibotta app (but I did), but also that my linked account with Target submitted a duplicate receipt (impossible considering I have the paper copy). So because of these accusations, they reversed my stuff and I lost out on the GAP bonus ($10), the Michaels bonus ($5), AND the seeing green bonus ($10). 
anyone deal with this and what did you do to get them to see they’re wrong? I’m trying to not be extremely frustrated and tbh hurt because I I’ve been using the app a lot lately. Then it feels like a smack in the face to be called a liar and be denied $25 even though I never broke any rules and I did the online shopping just like they say : click “shop” in Ibotta. 

0 Likes
15 Replies

Re: Duplicate receipt bs

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

I've read many other posts by others who linked Target accounts and have been more or less been j@©k€d around in a similar way or worse

I started a Sprouts account this past fall and linked my card to Ibotta but I've always to this day still personally scanned my receipt - I want the full upper hand control in the process from start to finish 

If I had a Target account - never did - and linked it to Ibotta then had the same problems you described I would unlink it from Ibotta and start anew and just personally scan my receipts going forward. However don't do anything further on JUST MY suggestions. Get as much feedback as possible from as many people as possible

Just out of curiosity, is your Target account called Target Circle? Someone I correspond with frequently - @SaverGirl67 - recently got a Target Circle card. Another regular on this forum - @Saving4Fun - is, if I remember correctly, a Target manager

0 Likes

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@Csims6015  Sorry to hear this happened to you, seems it’s becoming increasingly common. Our Community Manager @LaraL should be able to help, but she isn’t here on the weekends. Hang in there and reach out to her on Monday. 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Csims6015    as @Welshcar  said, Lara will see the tag in this topic and get back to you, otherwise, you can DM her (by clicking on your little face in the corner - typing LaraL and you'll see her come up, and providing her with whatever back up info you have.   Best of luck.

Saving4Fun

@Csims6015 as several folks have mentioned, you’re not the first to experience this issue. I’ve been thru it personally and know it’s extremely frustrating. You feel like a criminal and powerless to do much about it. Try not to worry and rest assured, if you’ve not done anything wrong, it will all be corrected. I didn’t know about this community when my issues started, and I’m so grateful I found it. Community Manager @LaraL is able to assist when necessary, but she’s required to wait at least 48 hours after a support ticket has been created. Just comply with any requests you receive. Provide as much documentation as possible (receipts, screenshots, photos of purchases). Don’t take it personally. They ask everyone to provide the same documentation. Unfortunately, there is a lot of fraud out there, and Ibotta has to use auto-trackers to try to stop the fraudsters. it’s impossible for  computers to interpret everything correctly. It’s only looking at you as a series of transactions and not as a person. If you don’t have an open support ticket, go ahead and create one. Lara is back on Monday and would need a ticket number to be able to check into the status. Let me know if you have any questions. One important note: do not un-link and re-link any accounts. Some people use this method as a solution to correcting missed offers; however, it’s the number one cause of this issue with duplicate receipts. 

Dana
Deal Expert

Did  you try and scan your target receipt with your linked account? If you did than that's why they are saying that. Linked you do not need to do anything other than click the offers and go shopping no scanning is needed.

0 Likes

Saving4Fun

@Dana the option to scan is not available when a Target account is linked.

Dana
Deal Expert

@Saving4Fun  I know but if it's linked and the op didn't see any cash back or pending they could've unlinked and scanned and that would cause a double

0 Likes

Saving4Fun

@Dana yes, that’s exactly what I already explained. I’ll also find my previous post and float it to the top for a few more days to try to get the message out that under no circumstances should anyone un-link and re-link an account. Hopefully, all of the issues with missed offers and linked Target accounts will be resolved very soon. I’m told it’s the top priority right now because it’s affecting a large number of users. However, there isn’t any estimate for how long until these issues are resolved. Until then, please double check before taking any actions without the Care Center being directly involved.

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

@Saving4Fun  I never have trouble with credits at target and any other store. I do not link anything I always scan.

0 Likes