cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help requests when a receipt gets stuck in limbo

TXbelle
Skilled Saver

Occasionally, I have a receipt that doesn't get beyond pending. I send a help request and it usually gets fixed within a few days. I have had a couple of issues with a product that I scanned in store that shows a match with the Ibotta app in the correct store's gallery so I bought it. Then later I see that the receipt is no longer pending and I get an email telling me there's no match. I respond to the email contesting the decision, including a picture of the front and back of the item, the barcode, the receipt and requests for the rebate amount and offer credit to be added to my active bonuses. This has happened twice in the last few weeks and both times I was given rebate credit but not bonus credit. Since I am trying to complete my Icon bonus, every offer needs to count. 

I'm posting this, not to complain about the help team, but to remind us that if you have a pending receipt that is more than 4 days old, it's up to you to contact the help team. They can help move things along. But I do wish that if there's a glitch in Ibotta's programming, the help team should not only add the rebate to the account but also add the appropriate offers to the active bonuses.

Finally, I want to thank Ibotta's help team for their commitment to customer service. I have been an Ibotta user for over 2 years and I love the thrill of the hunt for bargains.

2 Replies

Re: Help requests when a receipt gets stuck in limbo

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I agree.  I try to make my bonuses each week and it is hard when receipts get stuck and then no credit is given towards bonuses.

I have heard that the Ibotta Care Team doesn't have the tools to add counts to bonuses.  I have sent my online purchases from email as a PDF file and was told by the Ibotta Care person that they could not read PDF files and asked me to send it as screenshots!  PDF readers are built into many systems now, so I don't know why they couldn't read it.

Ibotta needs to give their employees the tools they need to do their job.  Whether it is a PDF reader or a way to add counts to bonuses, they need to be able to quickly update user accounts so that we get the credit we are due.

0 Likes

Re: Help requests when a receipt gets stuck in limbo

TXbelle
Skilled Saver

If they can't add the offer to bonuses, why do they want you to tell them about all of them when you do the problem report? 

What really bothers me is when I checked the barcode on the app prior to purchase and then it is"ruled" not a match when I have uploaded the receipt. Or, if I get a great store price because of an in store coupon or even a great sale, the bots don't want to do a rebate and keep the receipt pending. It seems to be just at certain stores. Walmart is the easiest receipt to complete.

0 Likes