cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

Jalal
Shopper

I recently spent my own money just for Ibotta at Walmart and when I scan the receipt it says something went wrong. It’s a valid receipt I got it today. It has at least 2 offers. Can someone please reach out to me, I’m about done with ibotta, I’ve had so much problems with this app and I’ve only had it for less than a week. Help me with this

16 Replies

Re: Help

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Is this for the Walmart+ free trial?

0 Likes

Jalal
Shopper

No for that free trail I have to wait 7 days for the money. I’m talking about a receipt 

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

If it's the one from Dollar General it's an invalid receipt. I recommend taking a full picture of the receipt, avoid cropping it.

0 Likes

Jalal
Shopper

that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about a Walmart receipt that’s not scanning and I need help and a explanation why it’s not scanning.

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

Ok, I'm not able to see any attempts to upload it from our end. Is it a normal receipt or one you got from a service desk? I don't work on the Care team so I'm limited in how I can help, but you can always create a ticket through the app so they can assist you further.

Also it would help if you provided more specifics about how it isn't scanning. Are you able to take the picture and it's not submitting? Is the app not allowing you to even take the image in the first place? Is the receipt different in any way than one you typically get from a checkout lane at Walmart?

0 Likes

Jalal
Shopper

it’s letting me take the picture but it’s not submitting. I put a picture above 

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

Hmm ok, I wonder if it's just having a hard time reading the receipt then. Let me ask around and see if I can get an answer for you. In the meantime I would still create a ticket though, you might even get a resolution sooner than I do, or they'll tell me to have you submit a ticket anyway so might as well. Thank you for providing more clarity on your question!

0 Likes

Jalal
Shopper

Ok I will make sure to do that. You are a very hard worker thanks for the help. I will keep trying

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

Walmart receipts only scan the bar code at the bottom of the receipt.  If it doesn't scan, you can enter in the TC# by pressing the Enter TC# at the bottom of the scan screen.  The TC# is the set of numbers just above the bar code.  On your receipt, it would be the numbers starting with 1596.

I might also suggest removing the picture of your receipt for security reasons.  You can edit your post by clicking on the circle with a "v" in it.  You can't delete the post, but you can remove the photo.