LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I was unaware of that, thank you, @mmoore01

0 Likes

Re: Help

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@Jalal , the reader might just not be able to read the barcode right if it’s faded or not clear. I can see that receipt is a bit crinkled so that might be why. Try putting the barcode TC number in manually. To do this, when you go to redeem your receipt, just tap on the words at the bottom of the screen when you get to the barcode reader. 

E077440A-A9E4-482C-8FD5-10CC38CE77C3.jpeg

Jalal
Shopper

I’ve already done that and it gives me a “something went wrong error”

0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

You may have tried this, too, but I will suggest it anyway.

I would uninstall the app, reset your phone and then try reinstalling Ibotta.  Updates usually occur automatically for me, but maybe something didn't quite finish.  

If this still doesn't work, Ibotta Cares will have to help you.

0 Likes

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

@Jalal

If using an Android with little spare memory, you may need to delete any old text messages, pictures, and/or uninstall any unneeded apps to free up some space on your phone.

Not sure why you can't enter the transaction number manually, that should work. 

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Deal Expert

@Jalal 

I had the same thing happen to me after scanning a Walmart receipt TC#. When I got the error message my first thought was to manually enter TC#.  I discovered the receipt was actually accepted even though an error message was received. So go to the account tab and click on the your earnings tab and see if the transactions shows up in the earnings history.   I hope this is helpfully in resolving your issues Ibotta app has encountered a lot of strange things in the last couple of weeks

Paying full price is optional
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

Doo we know for sure that they are not linked?  I guess if you are linked, it probably would not let you even takethe picture, but I don't know since I am unlinked everywhere

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes