cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I'm a Newbie

Amunet07
Rewards Hunter

Hi, I'm new and would love to learn how to use ibotta and make new friends. 

Any advice? 

6 Replies

Re: Hi I'm a Newbie

Dana
Deal Expert

Ibotta is a rebate app all you need to do is click on the offers you want at the store you want then shop for it at the top of each store tells you is you need to scan receipt or link card. If it's link yoiu need to link first just follow the prompts them click what you want to buy then wait for it to go through. if it's scan yoiu click what you want to buy then buy it and scan receipt follow prompts. Online stores like home depot the childrens place etc click the link to get on the website and buy what you want read the fine print on everything to know wxactly what yoiu need to buy and what is and isn't included. As for friends your facebook friends that use ibotta as your teammates but a notification went out in the beginning of July that teammates aren't working they are fixing it. It's really simple if yoiu read everything.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Amunet07  I shop a lot (and chat a lot) in the community.  I've been using ibotta for a few years but only recently started REALLY concentrating on saving money (due to a drop off in work and a need to save money, as well as more free time because of less work).  You'll see there are bonuses you can earn for completing a certain number of rebates (for example a mid week bonus or a weekend warrior).  You'll also see monthly bonuses (earn $1 for completing 10 - just an example, they vary). You'll also see special pop up bonuses (see the chats about pumpkin or maze bonus - but I think that is NLA)  If you combine coupons, sales and rebate aps such as Ibotta - you can get great deals.   Welcome - everyone here is really friendly (and I'm a NYer) and would love to help you out!

You can search for stores or items in the top bar - or scan an item to see if it participates or just scroll through all the offers.  You'll see the different stores - and remember NOT ALL BONUSES are good at all stores, and some require a purchase of more than 1 item. 

I do a ton of Walmart shopping and you'll see my posts with lists of what can be gotten for free. I also rebate with other sites and stack the offers.  

1982Crystal
Shopper

We

0 Likes

1982Crystal
Shopper

Welcome to Ibotta Amunet! I'm new to Ibotta Community as well. I'm Crystal... nice to meet you! I have saved over $30 so far and cashed out over $20. You will find that using Ibotta is quite simple and a fun way to spend your time. Again welcome to the community. 

SelenaMaree
Rewards Hunter

Hi, I'm new too. So far I have learned not to wait until the last day to redeem an offer.😊 I hope that helps. 

SelenaMaree

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@SelenaMaree 

Ha ha ha - I think that is great advice - we've all run into the problem.  I posted before - check the time zone on the offer - it's likely not local to where you are!

@Leanne0505  posted the following: 

GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time. It designates your time zone. For example, i live in the Central Time Zone. CST (Central Standard Time) is GMT -6. It is 6 hrs behind the zero hr time zone line on the globe. Eastern Time Zone would be EST (Eastern Standard Time) would be GMT -5.
So, in the United States, if it were midnight at the GMT line (GMT 0), times in the US would calculate like this:

EST = 7 PM (GMT -5)
CST = 5 PM (GMT -6)
MST = 4 PM (GMT -7)
PST = 3 PM (GMT -8)